Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Game controller

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I modeled the letters for the buttons. I'll do bump maps for the text that is embossed. I did leave out the screw holes on the bottom thinking that your not supposed to take these apart anyways hehe.

Couple small kinks to take out and I'll toss it in the contrib cue if anyone wants it.

This is definately a tough one to make because of all the button holes, drove me a little crazy sorting out hooks and patches.

xbwire2.jpg

does it vibrate when you die? Otherwise, don't want it :)

Good job though, you're modeling is definitely lightyears ahead of mine (thus the awesome looking Spitfire model you made, which you can have a copy of the completed ship if you want)

Sorry it doesn't vibrate but you can make it jiggle if that tickles your fancy. I posted it in the contrib corner.

I modeled this in AM just to see if I actually could and also because I wanted to sharpen some of my non boolean techniques. I did find that building with extra splines makes the bias handles more stable and they tend to get tweaky if you have long edges and beveled edges.

Maybe in the future someone can make some edge tools that would allow us to extract an edge along a perpendicular edge rather than tessellating a series of edges and stitching them back together. It would speed the process up and be invaluable.

Also on my wish list is undo-able and mirrored bias handle manipulations.

Booleans are not a big deal to work around if you model your positive and negative shapes then stitch them together.

Thanks for the comments.

Dark.... post a render of your ship, love to see it.

gamecontroller0.jpg

• Hash Fellow
I don't use Zevel, it crashes too much here so I manually create the bevels.

But it is what you are describing here...

edge tools that would allow us to extract an edge along a perpendicular edge rather than tessellating a series of edges and stitching them back together.

...right?