sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Save as ?

Simon Edmondson

For various reasons I am slowly moving over to using Macs instead of PC's, wherein I discovered a problem today and wondered if anyone might have a solution ?

I have set up and tested the animation on a Mac then, while I prepare the next part, was going to get the old PC to render the stills to the best quality because it doesn't matter how long it takes ( relatively ) as I'm preparing the next part.

I've tried to keep the same file structure on both platforms but, when I came to rendering on the PC the project file had 'remembered' the destination as being the Mac HD and, although I tried repeatedly, it would not allow me to change the drive ID to suit the PC.

Can anyone suggest a way around this ?

regards

simon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have PC and Macs and although I know the project (on a PC) remembers the file locations I have never run into an issue for it now allowing it to change. (or did you mean save the change?) I have come across the situation where changing this information did not trigger the Save Icon but you can go to your camera and change the setting there (in the Project Properties window) and that should trigger the save icon.

Of course I have had the reverse issue where the Mac just does not remember any file location or render setting after moving to a PC or particulalry after an AM crash in OSX.

Cheers

Hmm. I don't save Projects, myself. I have places that I save my files, keeping them independent of projects. Opening a choreography or an action, automatically loads the needed files, which works just fine for me.

Haven't had a problem with Choreographies forgetting where the files are.

Are all your dependent files in folders that are children of the location your PRJ is in?

Rob

Thank you for the question. I shall check tomorrow morning. I think the .prj file is within a folder that contains folders for all the other items, textures, models, materials, decals...

regards

Simon

Hmm. I don't save Projects, myself. I have places that I save my files, keeping them independent of projects. Opening a choreography or an action, automatically loads the needed files, which works just fine for me.

Haven't had a problem with Choreographies forgetting where the files are.

A good point. Thank you. I shall try again tomorrow but start with the choreography instead of the project. Then specify the render settings..

Following Rob;s suggestion I'll check the file sructure too.

I'll get there eventually.

regards

simon

I have PC and Macs and although I know the project (on a PC) remembers the file locations I have never run into an issue for it now allowing it to change. (or did you mean save the change?) I have come across the situation where changing this information did not trigger the Save Icon but you can go to your camera and change the setting there (in the Project Properties window) and that should trigger the save icon.

Of course I have had the reverse issue where the Mac just does not remember any file location or render setting after moving to a PC or particulalry after an AM crash in OSX.

Cheers

David

Thank you for the reply.

I have a couple of things to check and approaches to test, I will do so tomorrow ( Its UK here ).

The problem is that the render and output settings were initiated and saved on the Mac and when I came to specify the place to save the rendered files on the PC it won't let me change the location string from the Mac.

regards

simon