sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

propeller spin

jakerupert

Happy new year everybody.

For "good intention" for the the new year I plan to animate more, so here I am at a atarting point again

trying to achieve some usable propeller spin..

I did an action for the FW-plane according to the wheelspinvideo-tut , turning quaternian to euler

and adding 720 on frame 30 for two turns.

So far so good.

But the action doesn´T seem to cycle properly (see video)

and second, I would like to have a poseslider or handle or such to turn up and down its speed.

How can this be done?

Any help anybody? I enclose my project file...

PropellerTest.prj

PropellerspinTest.mov

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jake.

You can see bones in a render if you use SHADED mode (as opposed to FINAL) and have the object selected before render.

I don't know how to make a slider that will control the speed...that is a good question for our rigging gurus. To get an animated speed-up I would animate the bone directly in the choreography- or I suppose...it could be done in an action too, that would make it reusable. Select the prop bone and change it's property to EULER first. Then go to your end frame and grab the roll handle and give it a twirl in the direction you want it to spin. Now, you will take over animating in your channels editor. Find the channel for that bone, and in particular- the roll handles axis (Z). Adjust the bias as I have in the attached image for ease in and out. You can also easily control the actions length and overall rotations from the channel window.

Happy flying.

proprot.jpg

Here is something to try for animating Propeller speed. It worked on an action for stormy waves, but I'm not sure how well it will work for your use.

If your scene isn't too complicated, you can set your propeller turn action's "Blend Mode" in the choreography to "Blend" instead of "Replace".

Then animate the "Blend Percentage".