Advice please

TheSpleen

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definitely better, but I think the text should be moving somehow. I had a long elaborate solution in mind but decided not to complicate your life!

It's also not clear if that's the sun or a meteor, and if it's supposed to be moving. Why not have it start small and fly right into the camera lens? Unless I'm misreading your intent.

Definitely better, but I think the text should be moving somehow. I had a long elaborate solution in mind but decided not to complicate your life!

It's also not clear if that's the sun or a meteor, and if it's supposed to be moving. Why not have it start small and fly right into the camera lens? Unless I'm misreading your intent.

It is supposed to be a very hot desert sun.

It's not reading that way. It shouldn't be dark in the middle or be morphing shapes. My recommendation would be to make it perfectly round, blinding white, and all the heat/radiation effects should be external to the disc.

when I was a kid I would stare into the sun for the simple reason that grownups said not to. After a minute or so I would see a "corkscrew" effect like the white disc of the sun was unscrewing from the sky. that's the effect I would go for!

Also check out my timelapse sunset: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YFd_Vqadcs A hot desert sun would be even more intense than that.

EDIT: Also the lettering should be shadowed on the front, with a highlit top edge.

It's not reading that way. It shouldn't be dark in the middle or be morphing shapes. My recommendation would be to make it perfectly round, blinding white, and all the heat/radiation effects should be external to the disc.

when I was a kid I would stare into the sun for the simple reason that grownups said not to. After a minute or so I would see a "corkscrew" effect like the white disc of the sun was unscrewing from the sky. that's the effect I would go for!

Also check out my timelapse sunset: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YFd_Vqadcs A hot desert sun would be even more intense than that.

EDIT: Also the lettering should be shadowed on the front, with a highlit top edge.

All your points are valid.

I had to light the letters from the front so you could see them.

At first they were in shadow but not legible.

The sun? I am creating a cartoon world, and the flaming ball seems to make a great gag.

Anyway I made the sun much smaller and changed everything.

See my latest.

Thanks Gerry.

Gene