Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Demo Reel Wip

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm wondering about the idea of the sign over their heads. Wouldn't an icon on their face or chest do better?

You bring up a good point Robert. Part of the reason I chose the icon above their heads, was to give me a device to demonstrate Dynamic constraints. Basically I wanted to get additional high quality free animation.You can see from my earlier tests it came out well. I was debating if I should have the icon on their face and a department name above their head. For example "web design" or "Editor".

I am pretty much settled on this design but I have additional skills and tallents I have to illustrate. For example I am an HD Tape operator so I wanted to illustrate that in a similar fashion but not sure just how yet. I am a professional camera op and Steadicam op, I have shot for shows such as Numbers, Bridezillas, Big Brother exc. So do I have the camera floating above his head like the others or more realistic over the shoulder in hand? Do I have the Panasonic D% Tape over the head? The Hole Tape Machine? Just a Phrase like Tape Op?

The script is

Starts off with

The FCP guy editing my actual demo he turns his head to see other similar guys with different icons walking by the door. FCP guy gets up to peek his head outside the door. The camera fallows different departments FX, Production, Web, IO, Blu-ray authoring and so on All gathering at a location like an auditorium.

The Narrator

" Wouldn't it be nice if you could get all this skill and experience in just one hire?"

At this point I am foggy as to what to do.

I am open to suggestions.

I am thinking of a reveal of some sort to Me in some form or another, whether it be my name , another cg character with my name, a live action me comped in. Or I was thinking that all the characters get sucked together as one and that becomes me. or my name or both.

I also wanted to show my cloth skils so Maybe curtens or a cloth draped over me or my name?

Let me know what you all think?

I'm wondering about the idea of the sign over their heads. Wouldn't an icon on their face or chest do better?

You bring up a good point Robert. Part of the reason I chose the icon above their heads, was to give me a device to demonstrate Dynamic constraints. Basically I wanted to get additional high quality free animation.You can see from my earlier tests it came out well. I was debating if I should have the icon on their face and a department name above their head. For example "web design" or "Editor".

I am pretty much settled on this design but I have additional skills and tallents I have to illustrate. For example I am an HD Tape operator so I wanted to illustrate that in a similar fashion but not sure just how yet. I am a professional camera op and Steadicam op, I have shot for shows such as Numbers, Bridezillas, Big Brother exc. So do I have the camera floating above his head like the others or more realistic over the shoulder in hand? Do I have the Panasonic D% Tape over the head? The Hole Tape Machine? Just a Phrase like Tape Op?

The script is

Starts off with

The FCP guy editing my actual demo he turns his head to see other similar guys with different icons walking by the door. FCP guy gets up to peek his head outside the door. The camera fallows different departments FX, Production, Web, IO, Blu-ray authoring and so on All gathering at a location like an auditorium.

The Narrator

" Wouldn't it be nice if you could get all this skill and experience in just one hire?"

At this point I am foggy as to what to do.

I am open to suggestions.

I am thinking of a reveal of some sort to Me in some form or another, whether it be my name , another cg character with my name, a live action me comped in. Or I was thinking that all the characters get sucked together as one and that becomes me. or my name or both.

I also wanted to show my cloth skils so Maybe curtens or a cloth draped over me or my name?

Let me know what you all think?

i think those icons are cool, and lend themselves to some motion tracking, and projection

j

Looks sleek. I love the character style.

What are you going to do for the A:M guy? Have it as Thom?

Photoman

I am not sure, Having the AM icon on top of another similar simple humanoid model seems kind of redundant.

I could use this

this

Screen_shot_2009_10_25_at_3.41.14_PM.png

or this

Maya_2010.jpg

JUST KIDDING !! nobody get their panties in a bunch.

But seriously Is it just me Or do we need an updated icon and logo for AM? I know we all love the yellow Thom guy but don't all children need to grow up? I gather the AM logo and icon were intended to give an inviting user friendly disneyesk feel. but if you ask me and I no you didn't, I think its time for a more grown up sophisticated look. I know we can do better than Lightwave and cinema 4d, talk about ugly. On my Mac I have all of these beautiful 3D glossy icons. And yet my 3d program has a 2d flat, 2 color icon that no offense looks "DATED" back to 1998. Thom does not represent the power of AM 15.G

Screen_shot_2009_10_25_at_3.41.14_PM.png

This is a Dynamics and render test. I wanted to see how the dynamic constraints were naterualy effecting the compressor icon. I also wanted to see the quality of the depth of feild in the render. 16 passes did not seem to give enough passes for DOF. I am hoping the next amount of higher passes will.

Does anyone know how the step option works in AM? I dont understand it.

By the way the compressor guy will have his color changed.

Demo_reel_wip002.mov

The Step option tells AM how many frames to skip. If you are just doing test renders, you can render every 100th frame (step = 100). Or if you have two instances of AM rendering the same project (different cores or different computers), and your project has, for example 1000 frames, you can set one instance to render frames 0-1000 with a step of 2 - and the other instance to render frames 1-1000 with a step of 2.

The first instance will render frames 0,2,4,6 etc. The second instance will render frames 1,3,5,7 etc.

If aren't rendering with AO or SSS, you can get quite nice renders by using the non-multipass renderer, which gives decent (but less accurate) DOF and MoBlur. Plus the render time will probably be much faster than rendering 16 passes.

63MB for a render/animation test is probably a bit much for many people to want to download. If it's just a test, I bet you can resize/recompress it down to under 10MB.