sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

cookie cuts

jakerupert

I put some cookiecut decals on two patchplanes

and get some artifacts as the cookiecut doesn`t seem to be completly transparent.

I have checked the normals o.k., alphachannel is on in the tga decal.

Any possible explanation, what might cause this and some help woould be highly apreciated.

Win 15f

CookiecutMistakeA.jpg

CookiecutMistakeB.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you tried denser mesh? Add an horisontal spline.

If you upload the project with the decal I could take a look at it if you want, to see if I am able to reproduce the result. btw, what version of A:M are you using?

I have just tried to reproduce the problem that you are experiencing in A:M 15f but everything turned out alright. See the following test that uses single patches with cookie-cut decals:

CookieCut_TestA00.mov

My example is only using flat patches and it may be that the curved surface of your cookie cut objects is part of the issue. Try adding a couple of splines, as Stian suggests. Try to keep patches as close to square as possible. That seemed to help sort out some decalling issues that appeared in earlier versons of A:M and may be worth investigating.

I was having problems with the alpha channel in A:M 15e but Steffen Gross fixed that in the 15f release.

>If you upload the project with the decal I could take a look at it if you want, to see if I am able to reproduce the result. btw, what version of A:M are you using?

I found a cure.

As soon as I switch multipass on even as low as just one pass, the artifacts disappear.

(15f)