sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

compression codec

petokosun

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I recommend MPEG4 or Sorenson3, just because they are reasonably fast and small when rendering.

"Animation" typically makes huge files. Don't use it for posting movies here.

i think u didnt answer my question my friend

I think Paul answered the question...maybe it could use a little more explaining to be clear.

Everyone has different codecs on their computers depending on what they have chosen to install, so, the "default" that A:M chooses might be different for you than anyone else. That being said, Paul suggested that the "Animation" codec might be what A:M would choose on most computers for Quicktime video because it is one of the codecs that are automatically installed when you install Quicktime.

Generally, I don't render to a video format...unless it is for a quick test. I render everything out to TGA's or OpenEXR and then use another program (you could also use A:M) to turn the still images into a video file. The reasons I do that is so that I have the ability to process the individual frames, it's basically lossless and if something goes wrong with a render, I don't lose the entire animation.

Hope that helps.

david thz for ur explaination, those adobe premeiere 6.5, work for this kind of compilation.

otherwise, what other programs do u use.

I use Virtualdub, Quicktime Pro, Audacity and GIMP...although if I do any serious messing with OpenEXR, I'll probably use a Linux version of Cinepaint (there presently isn't a Windows version). I have also used SUPER, but the conversions I made using it gave older versions of Quicktime problems.

As for codecs, for lossless editing, I use the Camstudio lossless codec on AVI's and for final versions to be posted somewhere, I use H.264 encoded Quicktime files.

Hope that helps.