Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TSM2AMMac

Walter Baker

Hi Everyone

New question about Anzovin TSM plugin. Im using a Mac and AM ver. 15 (subscription) I downloaded and placed the files in the correct location and when i start AM I get the following error. Instructions say AM can only use 6 files in the HXT folder (but there are a lot more than 6 there)

Is anyone else able to use this plugin and if so how did you get it to work?ScreenSnapz.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin
Instructions say AM can only use 6 files in the HXT folder (but there are a lot more than 6 there)

There was a time that the Mac could only have 6 plugins active at any given time. I seem to recall this was fixed circa v13.

That's easy enough to test.

Temporarily move all but six plugin files to a temporary folder.

Then restart A:M.

More likely the issue you could be facing is TSM2 not be compatible with current versions of the Mac.

• Hash Fellow

Regrettably TSM2 doesn't work with current MacOS.

Anzovin didn't have the programming staff on hand to update TSM2 and that was a big reason it was discontinued.

I'm hopeful that someday someone might purchase the source code and fix it.

I'd be curious to know if TSM2A and TSM2B work if you delete the TSM2C from the dir. Of course, C is the biggy.

'Fraid so, Gerry. I did some searching about it last year and found some threads where people were asking if Anzovin would ever make it compatible with Tiger. The answer was maybe, but it seems that they were putting their effort into making versions for competing software.

Of course, if you have Windows installed on your intel Mac (via BootCamp or Parallels and other solutions), you can use the Windows version.

Rob, I did stick the plugins and try them (just because) and it didn't work. (I don't remember if it crashes A:M or just doesn't show up in the menus.) I didn't try just putting in the first two, but like you say, what would be the point?

Thanks All, So this will be the last time I try it.

So here's another question concernig Rigging

How do all you guys rig? Do you use the 2001 rig or the TSM2 or one bone at a time your own way? What would be easiest and or the best way to go?

• Hash Fellow
I didn't try just putting in the first two, but like you say, what would be the point?

Not much. A mac user could use the first two to get his bones placed and then do the weighting ( I tend to do my weighting and fanboning before part C) then get send the file to a friendly PC user to run part C .

How do all you guys rig? Do you use the 2001 rig or the TSM2 or one bone at a time your own way? What would be easiest and or the best way to go?
If TSM2 is not an option use one of the other premade rig solutions here on the forum like Squetch or 2008.

Don't use AM2001 as the more modern rigs are more functional.

Rolling your own is the hard way to go unless you desperately need something not built into the premade rigs, which is unlikely.

• Hash Fellow
Hey, question on rigs. Is it best to go heavy on fanbones or is ok to have a simpler skeleton and abuse smartskins? Does this anger the program at all?

Everyone has a different take on that. Me, I favor...

1st, CP weighting since it doesn't need any new bones

2nd, Fanbones since they maintain volume better and are easier to refine than Smartskin

3rd, Smartskin where 1 and 2 weren't enough.

In practice, any fanbone situation will also involve some CP weighting unless you have a separate fanbone for every CP in a joint (which is what some people were doing before CP weighting came along).