Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Where do the textures go...?

I just re-opened the .prj doc. for the Albatros fighter and the DH-2, only to find massive decal loss on both. The textures are present in the PWS. Their icons are showing in each entry in the decals folder. Where do they go? Is there a way to stop it?

TEXTURES....jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what causes this to happen, and I doubt that there is a way to recover your stamps, but I just wanted to let you know that I have also witnessed this and know just how very discouraging it is. I think you will have to reapply the missing stamps.

Somehow the UVs are being corrupted occassionally in A:M15e but what the trigger it is still a mystery to me.

Good luck, Kelley. I hope that you saved your flattening poses.

I think you will have to reapply the missing stamps.

Yeah, I think that's it. I'll try thr CTRL_D method next time it happens [ I've already re-applied the textures this time] but I don't think it's a matter 'Show Decals' being ON/OFF. It's some stamps, but not others.

I'm attaching a pic. of the DH-2 with color [procedural GROUP>SURFACES colors] missing on some patches. Look at where the missing patch color cuts into the decaled insignia rondel.

TEXTURES....jpg

I think you will have to reapply the missing stamps.

Yeah, I think that's it. I'll try thr CTRL_D method next time it happens [ I've already re-applied the textures this time] but I don't think it's a matter 'Show Decals' being ON/OFF. It's some stamps, but not others.

I'm attaching a pic. of the DH-2 with color [procedural GROUP>SURFACES colors] missing on some patches. Look at where the missing patch color cuts into the decaled insignia rondel.

Use the Draw-Toolbar... it is all there and you can see what you are doing -> Rightclick in a blank-toolbar-area and get the Draw-Toolbar (and I would recommend the View-Toolbar too).

*Fuchur*

• *A:M User*

My message got deleted in another area, so I will try here with a different approach.

I have been having problems with decals, stamps and even rotoscopes. I first decaled the image with a large decal white image. I then decaled the model with the main decal and it works with out problem now.

So I loaded 3d painter. It would not work with a painting of the main decal. After I loaded a projection map and then placed the decal it worked and has stayed in place.

Not sure but I am happy once again.

Steve

• Admin
the missing patch color

I'm sure this is unrelated but why are some of your patches colored and some not?

Is there a reason those patches aren't part of the same group and therefore receiving the same color?

Perhaps that is just for your testing purpose?

Is there a reason those patches aren't part of the same group and therefore receiving the same color?

That's part of the mystery. It's the first time I've seen it happen in colored Groups. I've had bands of patches go white at the border between two groups. I guess the CP's get confused as to which Group they belong to. But I've not seen holes happen like in the DH-2.

Fuchur: I do keep the Draw, and Views, toolbars out. Couldn't live without Views. In the Draw toolbar, Show Decals is always checked.