Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Panzers in the Mist...

This it one of the very first projects built in A:M. I made some serious mistakes which conspired to slow the modeling, and the renders. First of them was that as I built things in the Modeling Window, I applied the textures as I went along. If, like with a wood beam, I needed this object several times in several models, I would copy it and paste in place. All well and good, except for the fact that A:M loads another copy of the texture. As I duplicated the bits, I ended up with a phenominal number of textures in the Textures Folder [to say nothing of Groups]. Another less-than-desirable aspect of A:M is that if a project sits idle for a few months, A:M had difficulty finding its textures again. SO, as I resurrected this project, I striped off all the textures and re-applied them from scratch...with stamps. The project got re-built in about two days with about 20-25 textures and runs much better.

My Sorcerer's Apprentice, Scott, animated the treads on the tanks, so all vehicles will be moving as Tubbs and Pepperbox walk down the street.

I also posted it on my Blog, but this, the much-larger-version is better.

MOV.FOX_03.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah! Heavy machinery in town!

It looks great but the ground and curb stand out as needing more detailing. Perhaps seperate curb stones and a patch of road that has been chewed up from the weight of those tanks?

This project has a strong WWII atmosphere with surreal elements. Very interesting!

This project has a strong WWII atmosphere with surreal elements. Very interesting!

Thanks, Paul. I thought you'd get a kick out of seeing the refurbished town. WWII? Here's two more of the mechs. [1] The 1917 Whippet tank and [2] the 1910 Rolls-Royce Armored Car. I tend to see it as WWI writ large. [with surreal elements]

ARMORED_20CAR_02.jpg

ARMORED_20CAR_01.jpg

Thanks, Paul. I thought you'd get a kick out of seeing the refurbished town. WWII? Here's two more of the mechs. [1] The 1917 Whippet tank and [2] the 1910 Rolls-Royce Armored Car. I tend to see it as WWI writ large. [with surreal elements]

Hi Kelley. I like what your doing there, nice rich colors.