sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Problem with rendering

AMkyle

Hey, im really confused. if there is anyway to make it come back or something, but when i go render to file, or anything that brings up that list of types of renders, its got all of em, exept for Final render, which i cant find and want to use.

Also another problem, when i have a test render of the frame im on, on. then i go to the real render, it pops up an error box and the only button on it exits out of AM.

The last problem i have is with my subscription i bought, it is not letting me on. it says system clock set back -30 but i dont get that, is it talking about the computerss clock down at the bottom right of the screen? and if so why is it doing that because my clock is at the correct time. i just dont get it.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow
Hey, im really confused. if there is anyway to make it come back or something, but when i go render to file, or anything that brings up that list of types of renders, its got all of em, exept for Final render, which i cant find and want to use.

to try: Help>Reset All Settings

to try: Help>Reset All Settings

Ok, i did what you said, then i looked at the render's again. now preview has dissapeared, and so has custom.

also when i try to make a new preset, AM just freezes.

• Hash Fellow
Ok, i did what you said, then i looked at the render's again. now preview has dissapeared, and so has custom.

also when i try to make a new preset, AM just freezes.

I'm not sure what you mean by the words that I have bolded. Those aren't "quality" settings.

Is this the window you are looking at?

renderoptions.png

I think he is unchecking the "advanced" check box. When you do that you see "presets" that have "preselected" render options. Those presets just describe the render settings. They aren't actually controlling those settings for those types of things. The "preview" preset is generally used for "preview". You can assign any render setting to the camera or main view you want.

Am I correct or do I have a mistaken understanding of those presets? I always use the "advanced" settings. It's just easier to have the control.

-vern

well, i would post a picture, but, now i have uninstalled it. i tried to reinstall it, but every time i tried to open it up, it would pop up this box for a milisecond, then, it would dissapear, so it wont ever open now, so i cant unistall it.

post-11497-1230516668_thumb.jpg

This picture right here shows the window that pops up for a very short time. then dissapears, thats all that happens

• Admin

Edit: I think I misread your post Vern. You've got it right.

Here's some more info on the settings:

Presets are the equivalent of saving a Camera (.CAM) file with all the Render Settings (Note: But not Output settings!) for later use via the Render Dialog instead via a Project, Model, Action or Choreography. Output options such as File Format, Filename, Range, Resolution, Gamma and Frame are not saved in the Preset. At least I've never seen where you can add them and the file format doesn't appear to be compatible with adding them manually in a text editor.

With Presets we can save a favorite render settings for later use and with one click know what will show up after the render.

In a Preset settings such as Quality, Multipass, Motion Blur, Depth of Field, Shadows, Reflections, Particles, SSS, Fog, Toon Render, etc are saved.

For many years Presets were the only effective means to save these settings separately from a Project or Chor.

Its only been in the last few years that we've been able to save Cameras (.CAM files) separately as its own file format.

The Camera files do have more to offer as they save all of the settings (both Render and Output Options).

It does surprise me that we haven't seen more of these presets, cameras and favored settings shared in the community.

But as you stated Vern most of us have long used the Advanced Settings.

So, for all intents and purposes Presets and Cameras are the same with two very important differences:

- Where you access them (Presets are only accessed in the Render Panel)

- What they contain (Output Options are not saved in the Presets. Render and Output Options are both saved in a Camera's settings)

Render Presets and Camera Settings are something I hope to add to a tutorial on cameras/rendering in A:M... um... someday.

But this helps me get that out of system.

Kyle!

Don't give up! Hang in there.

CameraPropertiesPanel.png

Presets.png

• Hash Fellow
so ,what about my problem with me unable to install it. Because my computer has loaded AM just fine. then when i uninstalled it, it wouldnt let me reinstall it.

What do you mean by "wouldn't let" you? The installer wouldn't even run? Installer ran but A:M won't run? It's locked itself in the bathroom?

If it thinks you've set the clock back you'll need to contact Hash for a new key I believe.

How did you uninstall? Using the uninstaller or just throw it in the trash? That screen grab of the window looks... really freaky strange. There is another issue here. The problem you had previously with disappearing presets was very odd. This "re-install" issue is also very odd. There could be other issues regarding your system that we can't help you with and that have absolutely nothing to do with AM.

You must completely uninstall AM, every file associated with it. Maybe some stray AM files didn't get removed and are now causing trouble. It could be some system files are corrupted. Maybe you have bad sectors on the hard drive. Maybe a bad crash trashed some of the files associated with AM. Maybe the registry got corrupted... this is all guess work.

My last PC was a total piece of junk before I "retired" it. At one point AM would not run correctly. It launched but I had even weirder problems than you are having and that was with the latest version (15). None of my problems were related to AM, it was my flaky system. I submitted issues to Hash that they couldn't replicate to save their lives. I had other programs besides AM that also started acting flaky. As it turned out it was all kinds of things together that were making things weird, bad hard drive, bad ram, bad power supply bad fan etc etc.

Not saying your machine is "broken" but you want to rule that out.

I see from the screen grab you are installing from the 2007 cdrom. Is that the installer that doesn't run? That almost looks like the installer wizard window... part of it anyway. And that color palette thingy... I have no idea what that is. The icon for "AM" in the tray is not the icon for the application. It looks like the icon for the installer. Maybe the CD got damaged? You may want to consider getting the web subscription for the new version (yours is two years old). Or at least make sure the CD or you system isn't damaged.

-vern

the window is normal for the CD-version... nothing special (I dont know why it is there so...).

go to your explorer and right-click on the cd/dvd-drive. Choose "Open" not "Autorun".

You will now be able to see the content of the dvd/cd.

Search for the right setup-file on the cd (it is a *.exe-file on the disc and you will have to navigate through the folders for the Windows-version. (A:M is delievered as a Mac and Windows-Version at the same time ...)

I didnt read your full post, so if someone mentioned that before: Sorry.

*Fuchur*