Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A:M Subscription

ADF

Greetings,

I'm considering purchasing A:M, and I merely need to know if the $79.00 A:M Subscription is required in order to install and use A:M?

Are there any other plug-ins that I will need to purchase in order for A:M function at its full capability?

I work with Zbrush 3. Does A:M allow for the import of 3ds., Collada, or obj. files for rigging?

Thanks,

Terry

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Are there any other plug-ins that I will need to purchase in order for A:M function at its full capability?
A:M is full-featured by itself. There are a number of free plugins that add some additional features.

I work with Zbrush 3. Does A:M allow for the import of 3ds., Collada, or obj. files for rigging?

A:M has OBJ and 3DS import/export BUT... Most polygonal models are poor candidates for use in A:M. Good topology in a polygonal model and good topology in an A:M spline model are VERY different things. A good A:M model will have far fewer "patches" than a good polygon model will have "faces".

poly models made of triangles are generally only useful with a certain type of import called "prop" that does not allow editing.

models made with quads are better but will need serious editing to thin them out. On complicated models the amount of editing woudl be daunting for a beginner.

Thin Sub-D models are the best candidates but will still need editing to conform them to good A:M splining.

A:M is really intended as a complete modeling and animating environment, and not as an adjunct to some other modeling strategy.

One of our forum members has detailed a successful workflow here for using ZBrush to texture models originated in A:M.

ZBrush-originated models tend to be too dense for use in A:M

Guys,

Thanks for your quick responses. You've been a great help. I really appreciate it.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I purchase A:M I will have to also purchase a new $79.00 license every year in order to use it. Is that correct?

Terry

You can buy a downloadable subscription for $79 which needs to be renewed annually and only runs on one machine, or you can buy the cd for $299, which can be installed on any machine but needs the cd in the drive to launch it.

• Hash Fellow
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I purchase A:M I will have to also purchase a new $79.00 license every year in order to use it. Is that correct?

$79 gets you A:M for one year. After that year, you would need to buy another $79 subscription for another year.

Has there been a secret pricechange lately?

I thought it was 49,99 a year?

Apparently so. I guess what with the economy collapsing and all... ;)

Seriously though, it seems fair for Martin to try and get AM in line price wise with other competing products. That's still an awful lot of value for the dollar. In this thread we've been discussing Poser... considerably more expensive than AM with out many of the features.

-vern