sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Moving Stride Length Indicator

Desert Academy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you move the mainbone in any way?

Seems very odd to me.

Is there a "body" Bone for your scorpion and did it get offset from the Model Bone?

Based on a couple of these responses it seems that there may be some logical cause for this problem. The lobster model was accidentally modeled and rigged backward, with its tail in the positive Z direction and head in the negative Z. In order to correct this, I rotated both the lobster's skeleton and geometry, noting that all the relationships still worked fine afterward, and set to creating a cycle. The model bone itself was also reversed in the process. I kept all of my initial changes but re-reversed the model bone, saved and re-opened the project with the action.

The stride length marker works!

Thanks for all your helpful, if slightly bemused, responses! I'll keep an eye on the model bone in the future. ;)

On this topic, I was creating a walk cycle today for the first time in v15d and I was unable to move the stride length indicator. It appeared I could scale it, but I couldn't move it into position at frame 0. Has it been changed in recent versions?

You aren't supposed to move the entire stride length widget, at least I don't think you are supposed to. Your model should be centered near 0,0,0 in the Model window and the bottom of the feet on your model should rest at 0 along the Y axis (they will appear to be standing on the X axis line in the Model window).

Then when you make a new Action with stride length, all you do is move each stride length indicator horizontally to the point where the foot pivots in relation to the leg.