Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

11 second club

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's pretty good. I think in the render properties, there's an option to make the post effects "stick".....it's where the alpha option is under the range and path options (down the bottom).

If you're trying to get interest in your animation (hence votes), I think it's a good idea to have your character in a "clever situation" rather than just talking. Look at past winners to get an idea of what I mean. Also, animation usually always benefits when there is someone else reacting to what's being said.

There's a lot of twinning there and the body is very stiff. You might want to consider moving him on his seat (if he is sitting), loosening him up, say a turn to his left then back around to face front again. Put some arcs in there.

Cheers

David

• Hash Fellow
Thanks for the crits still in the blocking stage

I think that is appropriate for the blocking stage in that it tells us what your essential acting ideas are going to be. Since only his upper half is being used you might move the camera in closer.

I agree with the above comments about too much symmetry. I would keep that tablet in his left hand, if only to force yourself to not treat both arms identically and end up with twinned poses. I heard an animator call that "coffee cup animation"; give the character a prop in one hand (like a cup of coffee) that makes it impossible to do twinned poses (presuming he doesn't want to spill his coffee).

His torso stays almost exactly straight up for most of the clip. That's making him look stiff. I think there are more expressive ways to do the ideas you are doing. For example, when he points to the tablet (I do like that you bent his finger backwards to show weight) you could lean him into the direction he talking to and hold that tablet up to his side to make it more clear and emphatic.

pointtotablet.jpg

anything to get him off that neutral center-line.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice animation Steve, works really well for me,

I like that everything is animated, shoulders and hands are very active,

the constraints you used on the glasses are seemless.

Speedy yet harmonious.

Good luck!

Michel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow

that looks better. I think you got a lot of polish done on that. The facial expressions work well, although the one in the middle may stay around too long.

I just noticed the corner of the chair is vibrating. I wonder what did that?