sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Hey that was snappy!

I think the legs have better clarity than the arms. I can pretty much tell what the legs are doing, but the poses/action in the arms are harder to discern. I know it's supposed to be frantic motion, but there's probably some solution to make the arms more effective. I don't know what it is tho...

Hey that was snappy!

I think the legs have better clarity than the arms. I can pretty much tell what the legs are doing, but the poses/action in the arms are harder to discern. I know it's supposed to be frantic motion, but there's probably some solution to make the arms more effective. I don't know what it is tho...

I agree about the arms, maybe a frame or three of hold after the arms finish their overshoot. To give them some power behind them. Unless that's what you were going for.(he is a rubberman after all.)

Good sequence though, did you make it up as you went along or it it a actual kata

Pretty cool. I'd like to see the hands lag abit more though......ie bend down when moving forward. And, at times, the hands don't seem to be in sync with the legs but I'm not a fighting expert. :D

thanks guys...

you´re all propably right about the hands... i´ll see what i can do, but it´s all so fast that you might not be able to see the change anyway ;) in the most cases the arm movements from one keypose to another is only 4 frames or so, but still... i´m going to try to optimize it...

paradymx: no, i had kata-material as reference, no way i could have done this without....

john: there are six fix positioned cameras in a:m, just rendered different frame ranges from each camera view... here´s a little tip if you do stuff like that: at some parts i had to repeat some frames in the next camera view from the previous... let´s say you have a very fast movement with extreme body moves just like the last high-kick, the first camera covers the movement until his lower foot leaves the ground you´ll want to repeat the 2 or 3 frames of the foot leaving the ground in the second camera-view, otherwise it looks like something is missing, i guess the human eye simply isn´t that fast.