Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Installation screwed up

Stilianos

I am new to animation master, my friend let me borrow his old 2003 version but when i install all the textures are not there and the example models aren't there! All there is is a few post effects. If anyone can please help me get the basic textures and models and all that stuff i would be very great full.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks buddy. :)

But it didn't work. :(

I don't have a data folder for some reason and everything is gone now absolutely everything.

I have these folders if you could help: Flock Gradients Html Tutorials Hxt LIbraries MOtion capture Post effects Post plugins Presets Preview shaders textures Turbulence Volume effects. Please hurry.

two things...

1. you don't need libraries set up to get to work. just open the files from the cd.

2. you're bitching to unpaid volunteers who're helping you with a program you don't own.

-jon

OK Jon if you don't have anything useful, constructive nice to say then don't say it. If this is how the forums treat there newbies then i don't want anything to do with you Jon.

You see KenH was helpful and I am great full for that so just back of and help me instead of insulting me.

the useful, constructive part was the first point: everything you need is on the cd. libraries are just bookmarks, and aren't even necessary.

your lack of manners and misplaced sense of entitlement was my second point.

i helped you before i insulted you, so that makes it okay.

-jon

ps: the only people i haven't insulted are the ones i haven't talked to. it's part of my charm.

You don't have a Data folder on the CD?

Seriously?

You searched the whole disk?

Maybe it fell out. Check under your desk.

When you find the Data folder you should be good to go.

... is it just me or does something smell fishy?

Sorry. I guess I don't have anything constructive to say either.

-vern

Sorry David, that would be a "no". ;)

On the other hand...

I think there were some faulty 2003 disks that had "loose" Data folders. They could become dislodged during shipping and would fall out during use.

My Data folder rolled under the fridge and I had to fish it out with a broom.

;)

Probably... I'm going out on a limb here... the installed application folder was copied to a CD from someone's HARD DRIVE. A standard installation would not have the Data folder BUT it would have the other folders he mentioned.

I could be wrong... but... I keep smelling fish... maybe it's my feet.

Oh crap. My Data folder just rolled under the fridge again.

-vern

I think we scared him off. I hope I made the correct assumption.

If not... I could have made a poor innocent young person very sad. I am torn by these conflicting emotions. What if my assumption was wrong? What if I permanently scarred the physchy of a young mind? I will have to just go with my gut instinct.

Was I out of line? It was pretty clear right?

I am too sensitive.

-vern

It seems you were all right. My friend gave me a fake version that he claimed to have backed up(lie). I am sorry for being rude . This experience has made me want the full thing even more than before! I have the cash, but have no way of purchasing this program since i am not in the U.S. I could get a pay pal account but from what iv heard they steal your money. So does anyone have an alternative way of purchasing this program?

It seems you were all right. My friend gave me a fake version that he claimed to have backed up(lie). I am sorry for being rude . This experience has made me want the full thing even more than before! I have the cash, but have no way of purchasing this program since i am not in the U.S. I could get a pay pal account but from what iv heard they steal your money. So does anyone have an alternative way of purchasing this program?

The Hash Online Store takes credit cards...you can also call them, the contact information is here.

Hope that helps.

Don't have a credit card and the old man doesn't like me using his one. Are there any direct debit options?

they have there phone # on web site just call them and ask or e-mail them directly also on website You could probably snail mail them a check or money order.

Thanks Stilianos!

Takes guts to admit a mistake like that... even if it wasn't entirely yours.

You have my sincerest and humble apologies for coming on so strong and being such a smart alec. ;) I hope you get your copy of AM and come here for help in the future. At the very least you won't need installation help with a proper CD.

-vern

I concur with Vern. You'll find many AM users to be 'zealots' in the protection of 'our' software but you'll also find we offer a similar level of support for true AM users :D

You might look around for local dealers/resellers. A quick call to Hash (or email) will reveal a list who may be near you.

Cheers