sprockets Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Moving a camera from the Choreography window...

Frequently i see angles I like by moving the Choreography window, but find it difficult to re-capture it exactly when adjusting the camera in the Side/Front/Top windows. After moving the camera, is there a way to tell A:M to fix it in position?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you move/pan/rotate when inside camera view (Numpad 1) then the camera will move with the view you see......because you're "inside" it. But there's currently no way to automatically position the camera to a view outside it.....

Ken: I have three cameras at the moment. Let's say I'm looking through #1. If I move the camera's view using the Turn tool in the Navigation toolbar, can I lock the camera to the new view? When I use the NumPad_1, it cycles me to the next camera. Holding it down cycles thru the series. At the moment, the Turn tool is the only choice for moving the camera.

IMAGINE my chagrin!

Thanks for the tip...can't wait to try it out...how have I ever done without it? WHAT ELSE don't I know about???

PS---I'll be out of town for the next week...away from civilization and computers...carry-on amongst yourselves. TRY to get along without me, will you?

Don't you people ever hold down the or keys while you're manipulating through the camera's POV?

Ooops! The feeling of being an utter simpleton is at least balanced by the simplicity of the solution.

I don't consider myself as an oldtimer, but I got that old timer disease.....what's it called?...........oh heck, I can't remember. But anyway, I can't remember what keys to use to move the camera. So, i keep changing views and move the camera that way.

I guess I'm lucky I remember even that :blink:

Maybe you should start an 'old-timer' undocumented tips thread.
FWIW, the camera controls are documented in the new Technical Reference Manual. But there are a few errors in that section. Some are Mac-related. The others may or may not be Mac-connected. I haven't tried it on a Windows box in quite a while to see for certain.

We're talking about Matt, Ken and Kel, here. They are "old-timers."

Hey....I just spent my first post trying to explain that to Robert! Don't people read anymore!? :D

Edit: I didn't specifically mention the Control and Shift keys, but I thought that was a given. And I use the middle mouse button.