Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Where do my posts go?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you ask anymore questions, I want to see your TaoA:M exercises. You have a responsibility to at least have half a clue before you ask other people to help you.

Martin's not annoying... in this case. ;)

I agree with him 100%. I think though this should be in the guidelines somewhere. Really big letters since some people don't realize you have to actually read some of the software manual and not just put it under your pillow at night.

Isn't it really stupid how "Read the manual" has this negative connotation? It is considered too harsh and mean for the sensitive ears of new users when in reality it's the best advice to give anyone.

Students need to put in as much or more effort than the teachers in my humble opinion.

-vern

• Admin

Martin is right of course. Its important that you know the basics first.

Make every attempt to work through TaoA:M and you'll find it well worth the effort.

Next thing you know you'll be answering other people's questions as well as your own.

I agree about reading the manual and working through the exercises.

If you have a problem with a certain step in the exercise, people will be more likely to help you since you are making an effort to learn the software (and the post probably won't be deleted).

If you are like me, and have difficulty learning from manuals sometimes, download the video tutorials of the exercises (or watch them on-line) and watch them as you read the manual and do the exercises.

You can get the video tutorials here: http://www.hash.com/VM/

Hope this helps...

Al

Better still; after removing the post, send the member a message explaining why it was removed. Copy and paste the guidelines in the message. That way, at least, the member gets an education.

I remember when I started learning A:M, I asked the dumbest questions and bugged alot of people..

But as a newbie you have to start somewhere and thats by reading up on documentation and experimenting..

As an artist it's up to you to learn ur tools well..

I have over one thousand posts, and I still manage to rile the admins. Not that I mean to, but some of my writings are too unstable for general viewing.

Actually, Matt, it is your work that make us unstable :) Fantastic work!

Matt should have special privileges to rial the management. ;)

Like suppose if Superman jay walked? Would they give him a ticket? If Albert Einstein added up his golf score wrong would he be thrown out of the club? I don't think so.

p.s. How the heck did Clark Kent ever get through the metal detector at an airport???? I lie awake at night thinking about that.

-vern

p.s. How the heck did Clark Kent ever get through the metal detector at an airport???? I lie awake at night thinking about that.

You see, Clark emmits betta radiation which in turn emmits nutrinos. These nutrinos creates a strong magnetic field that only reacts with certain aloys such as copper 29, 35. Since metal detectors are essentially a giant inductor made of copper, the increased magnetic field in the reverse direction would charge the capacitor instead of drawing from it. The main reason he emmits this radiation is because he was born under a different colored sun which blasted out zeta rays. It didn't come up much in the comic book.

Thanks Matt! I can sleep soundly tonight.

I still think he would have set off some kind of alarms.

When does beta radiation become final? There never seems to be a "final" release of beta radiation. After all this time you think they would have finished it.

;)

-vern