Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My BMW 330ci

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have an idea, one thing that works in other car tutorials is having a 100% absolute white(or ambiance 100%) rectangle above the car as a reflection... though make sure its out of the cameras view though. i think you need more lights, try adding lower intensity lights to lighten the shadows, i would recommend all klieg lights, a key light, and 3 other lights to lighten the shadows. make sure those lights don't cast shadows...

The render is going as I type this. I have included the "down"shot, as well as the white rectangle.

This was an old render I tried using Radiosity. And it needs a lot of work. What do you all think?

bmwtest1.jpg

Excellent work! Are you using AM long? The blue floor and blue car makes for alot of blue! :D

I have been using AM for a little under 2 years. My job uses it, so I do projects on the side to improve my own skill.

now all it needs is a metallic look(or a gloss paint color), more specularity it looks too plastic, the rims need to be more reflective (there not hubcaps). also 100%reflectivity and specularity in the lights...also make the specularity color white or a very light color...

http://dessga.cgsociety.org/gallery/

http://rav.cgsociety.org/gallery/414838

heres a good car render goal...use this as a reference...

now all it needs is a metallic look(or a gloss paint color), more specularity it looks too plastic, the rims need to be more reflective

Ok I made the changes and am rendering again... Thanks for the comments. I admit that your comments have all been positive improvements. Thanks again for your help.

Time to stretch your skillset... This car needs Image Based Lighting (IBL) - not Photon Mapping (radiosity). Marcos (Xtaz) Rezende refined the look quite well for his car renders.

p.s. This is a good model. I'm sure the A:M community would appreciate it if you donated the model to the "Extras" DVD, (but it's okay if you don't want to).

Ok it rendered. I'm tired. And I'm off to bed. Enjoy.

hashlatenite0.jpg

the last render looks pretty good. the overall model looks pretty thin though. Maybe try giving

the sheet metal that makes up the body of the car some thickness. Might help.

Overall I think you are pretty close.

Nice work.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

After some lighting adjustments this is where I'm at now. Any thoughts?hash1251pm0.jpg

p.s. This is a good model. I'm sure the A:M community would appreciate it if you donated the model to the "Extras" DVD, (but it's okay if you don't want to).

I could be talked into something like that. What rights to the model, if any, would I retain? Would I be given any credit for creating it or would it be anonymous?

I could be talked into something like that. What rights to the model, if any, would I retain? Would I be given any credit for creating it or would it be anonymous?

Your name is embedded in that model forever. (Someone can change it with a text editor but I haven't seen anybody do that yet - and they'd be pretty easy to catch.) You can put whatever copyrights you want into the "Notes" field of the "File Info" on the Property dialog of the model. Most models are freely distributable but some have "limited to non-commercial use" copyright notices. I've seen alot of people include model author's names in the credits of their personal animations. I can't guarantee that but it seems to be the norm.

Well it finished rendering and I realy wasn'ty happy with the results. I added another white plane in front and re rendered. As far as the environment map, I wish I had a little more control over it. Any way here is what I got now.

hash104pm0.jpg

Your name is embedded in that model forever. (Someone can change it with a text editor but I haven't seen anybody do that yet - and they'd be pretty easy to catch.) You can put whatever copyrights you want into the "Notes" field of the "File Info" on the Property dialog of the model. Most models are freely distributable but some have "limited to non-commercial use" copyright notices. I've seen alot of people include model author's names in the credits of their personal animations. I can't guarantee that but it seems to be the norm.

So how would I go about sending you the model? And what exactly would it be used for?

I still have a few tweaks I want to do, but all in all its done.