65 Vette

42n81

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having some issues with rendering Chrome material. Nothing has changed as far as the material used, nor the render settings from this attachment compared to the last attachment, just some spline manipulation. Yet look at what has happened to the parts with the Chrome material applied? I can't seem to pin it down. Sometimes deleting the Chrome material and then re-importing makes it render normal again, but it keeps happening as I rework the model. I believe it has something to do with the model information. As a test, I imported a sphere model with the same Chrome material applied, and the Chrome on the sphere rendered fine, but the chrome on the car had the artifacts. I tried deleting the drivers in the car model, but the chrome had the artifacts even then.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm using 9x multipass w/o softening, standard light setup, no AO, shadows on, fog on.

post-10482-1168641930_thumb.jpg

Looking good... This will be a sweet model once completed.

Dhar : If they built them like this nowadays, the companies would go out of business. In our disposable society, you can't make something that will last!! :D