Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Modern Style Living Room

I have been playing around with making a modern style living room. There is no furniture in it yet, but am thinking of something along the lines of the picture below. The lighting is just the standard chor lighting for now.

C&C always welcome.

Al

chair.jpg

livingroom0.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool looking chair. I'm no interior designer, but the room looks more clasical than modern to me. Most modern construction doesn't use moldings along the floors and ceiling, and fireplaces are gas, simple and built into the wall. At least in this part of the world. Try Googling images "modern livingroom" and see what comes up.

Thanks for the comments folks.

Quick update, added two chairs and a sofa. My wife agreed with you gra4mac about the crown molding and baseboards. I will search the internet for some pictures and try to come up with something in between.

Al

livingroom0.jpg

I was asked about whether the chair models were available. I don't think I am good enough to be selling the models and would prefer to give something back to the A:M community, so here they are along with the fireplace. Feel free to download and do whatever you like with them. I just ask that you do not sell them or post them as your own work.

Thanks...

Al

chair.zip

Hey thanks for the models!

Here are some things that I would do, it's just my opinion, but maybe you'll find something you like

1. Replace the crown molding with cieling extrusions. I'm not sure how to explain what I mean, but often times you'll see intricate "boxes" in this type of architecture. Does this make sense?

2. Maybe try some light colored tile with contrast grout

3. How about a glass coffee table?

4. Try a different wall color

5. Finally, I think that the chairs, fireplace and plants are all great models and would benefit a lot from so more realistic lighting (are you planning on changing the lighting?)

I'm excited to see what happens with this!

Lee

The fire looks good, but if you're after a modern look (I think it's been said above somewhere) you ought to try removing the moulding/mantelpiece from the top of the fireplace. It would give it a cleaner look I think.

that looks much better, now all we need is a chandelier!!!!

are you planing on using radiosity or AO?

I think I agree with Gerry

if this is a modern living room then at least change the mantle to reflect the style of the geometrical shape of the fireplace itself. as of now its a mixture of classic and modern.