Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

X-Wing project

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is cool. very nice.

You're mean though, why didn't you let her raise it all the way up? ;)

LOL Thank you Dhar. In the final production, he'll get bashed on the head causing him to lose concentration and the X-Wing to fall. I know my brother in law Kirk (the assistant director), will ask me to do another shot of this but this cut is done.

Actually that is my nephew Alex. My Sister's husband (Kirk) Asked him to be the Jedi specifically because his hair is so long.

Wow. Excellent. Is that all AM?

Ken, thanks. For some reason I couldn't import the AVI so I did what another person suggest and converted the AVI footage to TGA's through a program I use for graphics editing called Paint Shop Pro. It ships with a 's sister program called animation shop which is a very basic program that exports TGA sequential files from different file formats (AVI, GIF, etc).

Other than that, it was all done in A:M. the awesome X-Wing (which I did not model. I got it from the donated models site), lighting and of course the animation.

The file I wanted to attach to the post was too big and I don't really have a website so I compressed it through a pretty good (very cheap compared to Adobe) editing program called Video Explosion. I'm planning on setting up an FTP site eventually.

So all in all, I used 2 other programs but only to import and to compress the file.

For some reason, I couldn't render a MOV without losing the rotoscope proportions and consequentially losing the camera placement. I'll have to figure out why some day.

I did modify the X-Wing by adding 2 bones (one at each beginning of the wing) to create the shock impact bend. Without it, it looked too floaty.

very well done!

Thanks Nancy, I really appreciate the compliment.

As soon as Kirk and the lead director are done with their editing, I'll link the final production if I can.

George

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I did what another person suggest and converted the AVI footage to TGA's through a program I use for graphics editing called Paint Shop Pro. It ships with a 's sister program called animation shop which is a very basic program that exports TGA sequential files from different file formats (AVI, GIF, etc).

Other than that, it was all done in A:M. the awesome X-Wing (which I did not model. I got it from the donated models site), lighting and of course the animation.

Hi Jeetman,

I'm trying to play with something similar and was going to do it outside A:M using VideoStudio and Chromakey :-o but I'd rather learn how to do it in A:M.

I understand the export to image part and I've got Animation Shop 3 (bundled with PSP9, but I think it's stopped shipping since Correl took over).

How do you take the images back into A:M choreography etc.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I've not tried it yet .. thought I'd ask first, try second.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you take the images back into A:M choreography etc.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I've not tried it yet .. thought I'd ask first, try second.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I just happen to see this thread and just now saw your post. You probably have already figured it out but if not, here's what to do:

Once you have the tga sequential files created in a folder, in A:M, in the Project Work Space, at the top under the project name, right click on the "images" folder and choose [import - Animation or image sequence...] go to your folder that contains the tga sequential files and click open.

Done.

Something to think about....

To adjust the imported tgas' start frame:

Go to the Images folder and click on the pic representing the imported tga's. go the the properties window and set the start image number and the end image number to set up where you want the tga's to start and end.

George

Well done. I loved it. Don't forget to add the dust up from when the ship hits the dirt, assuming it isn't already done. I also thought the car passing behind the ship was cool.

Phil...

Thanks Moonshire :)

There is a dust volumetric effect. To be within the allotted file size, the mov file I had to reduce the render. In the original that's about 260 meg, you clearly see the subtle dust plume.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hey. My brother-in-law and his friend who originally were going to use this clip as part of an entry to a Discovery Channel contest, have told me they're going to finally finish the short even though the contest is done. He and the other creator/actor in the short who has finally purchased Animation Master, is Funky Monkey. Read his post. You can see his unbiased opinion LOL.

George

Well done. I loved it. Don't forget to add the dust up from when the ship hits the dirt, assuming it isn't already done. I also thought the car passing behind the ship was cool.

Phil...

Thanks Moonshire :)

There is a dust volumetric effect. To be within the allotted file size, the mov file I had to reduce the render. In the original that's about 260 meg, you clearly see the subtle dust plume.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hey. My brother-in-law and his friend who originally were going to use this clip as part of an entry to a Discovery Channel contest, have told me they're going to finally finish the short even though the contest is done. He and the other creator/actor in the short who has finally purchased Animation Master, is Funky Monkey. Read his post. You can see his unbiased opinion LOL.

George

Hi George,

Thanks for the response .. I'll have a go as soon as I get some time to play ;-)