Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Spiral Slayer Update

Hi,

Back in July I posted the ‘first take’ of the battleship model and got some good feedback. I had already turned my attention to improving character eye movement (see videos 1 and 2), then designed a uniform (for the battleship) (images 1 and 2) and started rigging it. Then, finally, I got back to the ‘Battleship’.

The most common comment was that it needed to be bigger. It’s way bigger…

[attachmentid=21114]

And way meaner….

[attachmentid=21115]

Detailed images here.

And it has a kick-ass bridge…

[attachmentid=21116]

Detailed images here.

The ship is broken into 9 models to keep it manageable. These are assembled in a chor which is then imported for use.

01_BattleShipBack 13,136

02_BattleShipMiddle 27,857

03_BattleShipFront.mdl 29,988

04_BattleShipBridge 26,274

05_BattleShipBridgeHallograph 1,666

07_BattleShipLgComCluster 23,935

08_BattleShipRgtComCluster 14,891

09_BattleShipLftComCluster 14,891

Total Patches: 152,638

Comments welcome!

Thanks,

Rusty

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the kind words Mr. Hash! I work with your product every day, all day and it’s a pure joy. When other retired people tell me their bored out of their minds I can only shake my head.

IMHO, A:M is truly the best 3D animation product on the market; its design and functionality are simple, straight forward and elegant. It’s simply a fact that this is a direct projection of its creators. The triangle -- time, money, quality -- you can have two but not all three -- looks like Hash Inc has tossed that out the window with A:M giving its users all three. Seeing this I know something of how hard the people at Hash Inc. have to be working; the long hours and the dedication and loyalty required for this. It is not easy to break that triangle. The price puts many people off but not the ones that matter to Hash Inc. I just wanted to take this opportunity say thanks.

Rusty

but i think the pink is a tad much,maybe more silvers or colors like that.and im not just bein an ass,im just givin my opinion,so,dont take it the wrong way.

ps,this isnt case,its his friend stone,keep it up,it looks great.

This whole immense project, only recently discovered by me (finally checking out his web-site) , just blows me away. As an old Star Trek fan, his ideas seem nicely fantastic and yet are highly original at the same time.

BTW, and Rusty, please forgive me for jumping in here.

I may be all wrong but that "pink" "Case/Stone" is referring to, is quite possibly what the ambient lighting might be like aboard a vessel such as this, especially on the bridge of a ship in the darkness of space.

As a retired US Navy and serving aboard an old 1940's class Destroyer (Tin-Can) in the 60's, while running at night the only lighting available all over the ship were dark red lamps positioned all over at about ankle height. This was ample enough to get around with, yet allowed the ship to proceed along in the darkness of night without being visually identified and allowed for better night vision by having your eyes used to to the dark.

I suspect this is what Rusty had in mind here. OK perhaps a little darker and little less "pink", but then the detail might get lost.

Still, very nice indeed.

This whole immense project, only recently discovered by me (finally checking out his web-site) , just blows me away. As an old Star Trek fan, his ideas seem nicely fantastic and yet are highly original at the same time.

Thank you very much for the kind words. I’m a Trek fan too but perhaps I’m more of just an overall sci-fi fan. “Immense project” – yes it’s turned out that way though I thought it would only be slightly larger then ‘Horrorthon’ and ‘Mantis’ projects. In truth, right now, the project seems overwhelming. All the people who were helping me (listed on the site) helped immensely for many months but, they all drifted away months ago which is to be expected. I can make this a multi year obsession for myself but I can’t expect others to do the same without pay. This project will probably take years to complete. Already I see finishing the character models (mostly wardrobe – i.e. body and rigging) taking the rest of this year and beyond. Plus I spend half the time writing the book. But my wife and I are retired and I'm not sure what I'd do all day if it wasn't this.

I may be all wrong but that "pink" "Case/Stone" is referring to, is quite possibly what the ambient lighting might be like aboard a vessel such as this, especially on the bridge of a ship in the darkness of space.

Exactly the idea (there is a pose for battle stations which changes the lights from white to red) however, that said, it is really just for effects -- as a practical matter what human eyes might see in the darkness of space with night vision would be next to useless -- sensors would do all that on this kind of ship. But we are producing entertainment and using red lights is almost expected and looks good. Heck, for that matter the windows are useless but how boring it would be without them. Actually I would expect the same for Naval war ships as well so... maybe I’m somewhat wrong on this? Perhaps the night vision is for the insterments?

Rusty

Great work Rusty! I get a real good "hard" sci-fi vibe from the ship. It's a ship that Heinlein would feel at home on. I also get a slight feeling of the battleships from Babylon 5, but your ship is it's own thing. What a beast.

Looking forward to seeing how this evolves!

m!ke