Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

what do you see

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to squint a bit to see it as anything other than a rotating distorted vase (which it is). But it does suggest an interesting development. Don't spin the vase but rig it so that the 'faces' on each side can be fully animated as true faces, with a conversation sound track. If I can find a suitable sound track, I might just steal that idea!

Could also be a fast burping contest. :P

I see, also, a take off of one of those music boxes. Instead of only one 'bump' on the spinning vase, make several different 'bumps' so when it spins, it will move the mouths through a series of mouth shapes for music or speech. Spinning at a slower speed may help this. Interesting. B)

I agree with Dennis; I dont see anything but the spinning shape. Maybe I am tired or something.

This is an old negative space / positive space demonstration in art 101. It looks better in 2D. 3D seems to take the illusion away a bit.

one of the places i got this from was a science museum thing some ware near lego land CA it had a wooden vase panted black on a whit background and it was on a spinning platform with a little bit cut out of it so it looked like they were talking to each other any one els in California seen this?