Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I am new

Dan_The_Man

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Dan. I dont think you will have a problem learning A:M especially since your Dad uses it. You have a great resource there to learn from as well as the community here. My best advice is to start with the Art of Animation Master and due the tutorials in the manual. That will get you on your way.

Best of luck

Who's your dad? Is he on the forums? What kind of work does he do?

I'm his dad. :) I'm also jenfelizr's dad.

Two of my kids have been watching me making videos the last few months and wanted to give it a go themselves. I told them to do what I probably should have done myself... I know I've still got weak areas in the basics.

The work is educational software, with lessons taught by computer animated characters. Considering the amount of dialog and material covered, and a single animator (me) the videos have probably less detail than the usual Veggie Tales. I think I've put together about 80 minutes of video so far.

So far we've got a talking computer, ruler and camera. Attached is a blurb that starts a video where the subject is dependencies. The ruler is depending on the camera to hold the ladder steady. Here are the results:

[attachmentid=16069]

The quality here is a bit low. Final size is actually 640x480.

dependenciesIntro.mov

• Admin

Good job Dad! Very nice. :)

Daniel,

I envy you. Animating at a young age is something I never quite got to do... at least not like YOU are doing! I remember making some flipbooks and drawing a lot though. That was fun.

I hope you have as much fun as it looks like your dad is having.

Welcome Dan

You are very lucky to have animation master so young and have your dad to help you. I wish I had a:m when I was 13 too but I didnt find it til I was 30 :o lol.

I look forward to see your progress.

I like your animation dan's dad :)

lol, hey dan wanna be freinds, i got a:m when i was 12 1/2 too but i only 1 year experiance using a:m cause we were moving at one time.i'm 14 now and still has modeling problems.I STILL CAN'T MODEL HEAD!!!but i'm getting there.(and my mom bought it for $100 off at a tech expo)also you lucky to have a dad that may not be an excelent renderer but he makes up for it in animation great movie!

lol, hey dan wanna be freinds, i got a:m when i was 12 1/2 too but i only 1 year experiance using a:m cause we were moving at one time.i'm 14 now and still has modeling problems.I STILL CAN'T MODEL HEAD!!!but i'm getting there.(and my mom bought it for $100 off at a tech expo)also you lucky to have a dad that may not be an excelent renderer but he makes up for it in animation great movie!

How did you get int to A:M?

well my moms boss took me to a tech expo(he likes her), and me and my best freind were working on a game.and i was looking for some software i could find to spice up the game.then i saw this big display for some 3-d animation software.when the guy there showed how esey it was i asked him if he could get it.so we talked my mom into it and they payed half and half.we got it $100's off so it was only $100 each.and since then i've been using it for school projects when ever i could.And i'm also using it for cut sceans in the game me and him are doing.take a look at my site for some of my work.its in my signature.

HEY!! HOW COOL IS THIS?! Dan_The_Man and the_black_mage My name is Andrew and i'm 13 and really love animation master!!! i was wondering if any1 close my age was in animation master too so now i know 2! I really wanna become a animator when i grow up and work for pixar or even make up a new animation company!!! Lets all be friends...this is cool...ok... hey can i have your e-mail addresses? mine is FlyingMonkieBoy@yahoo.com so like we can help each other out cuz i'm not great at animation but i really love it...C YA!

P.S. Dan_The_Man, like every1 else said, your really luck your dad knows how to use this program cuz everyonce in a while i need help and no1 can help me ( i can't really tell the people in the forum what is my problem...they like have to be there with me...)