Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Designed own car

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Viper .....

The initial conception is good but you need to repair some details...

To start I have a very important tip for you, never use a single cp as vertex for more than 4 patches, it will create creases ... always .

I see some critical areas in wireframe pic :

area 1 : remake splines and use hook ( cp is vertex for 6 patchs ( !!! ) )

area 2 : this solution isnt work

area 3 : try to reduce the number of splines ... this area is too dense

area 4 : the distances between cps is very important, you must try align them to smooth the model

nice start... keep us updated about your great model ....

correcao.jpg

its much better, isnt it ?

i would like to see a zoomed pic of this area

correcao2.jpg

but i think that yellow spline can be removed. have attention with the patches, never leave a square patch with 5 cps, use hooks ...

i advise you to model just one side ( left or right ) then use copy/flip/attach on final ....

keep work

Another thing to consider is building half the car (one side) and then once you have worked out the splinage and have your shape the way you want it you copy then flip the axis to create a duplicate half then line the halves up and connect them. I've recently found that building a car can end up being quite a task but with continual refinement it will eventually come together. Also keep in mind that it doesn't all have to be one piece. Alot of your trim etc. can be modelled as seperate pieces and fit into place and it will look fine. Break it into smaller pieces that will make up the whole much like a real car. People here WILL help you with figuring out how to best reach the final goal and having input will help you decide how you want to build to best creat the look you want. Experiment and SAVE copies of the model when you try different techniques so that if it gets messed up you have a good place to start over from. Good luck!

You really want to model only half the vehicle then use the copy flip attach function.

Learn this! It sounds harsh, but go and delete half of your model right now, and work onjust one half. You'll save time, effort, and the girls will think your cool. Seriously.....er......ok maybe not the last bit, but you'll be glad if ya do.

Also, you using reference of anykind? Remember, reference is king!

hi...for some reason i can see u r using much spline to achive your shape look....simplify the geomitry then add points if u realy need them...i made a front bumper like this for my nissan skyline car but didn't use all that amount of patches.....using a refrence image or a rotoscope for your model will hell you alot....as far as i know...

if you need any help/////just ask./////i did 4 cars models before (( and got mad heheheh ))

eeeeeh....i'm at home now....was a hard day err!!

well..your modeling is good...the good means that you are good at all AM concepts for modeling....as i said. I got across 4 car models before....and i learnt some few things that i wanted to share it with my Hash family (( u r a member of them ))

1- i should prepare my rotoscope (( very important )) this would help u for mesuring matters

2- i have to decide where to start (( was very hard at the begining )) cuz some ppl starting from the wheels area, some from the front pumper...depends on you

3- as we know, cars are seprated peices, there’s an edge between each peice, it’s good to draw a spline line around those edges for all the car parts, you will be able to define the parts easly (( what i mean by drawing splines around those parts edges is placing them in their right posation according to your rotoscope.

4- Don’t use much CPs...splines are very flixable and can have a good curve with 3 or 4 CPs for the windshild for eg.

5- Don’t forget the bias handler...this is how you fix your strange spline curves...without adding more CPs.

6- You can just start a head and draw the full car body then just choose the patches for each part and manage them in another modeling window.

7- In max and maya...they add a depth to thier surface after cutting each part...in AM. You can just bevel the body edges (( copy/paste the edged splines and move them a littel below or inward your body part then connect them to the body patches )) you will need to fix the curve flow with BIAS handler

8- After deattaching each body part...you can work on details for that part (( add more CPs ))

As u know. I’m still a beginner in modeling...but those points were helping me alot to model my cars....if anyone else have other concepts better than mine,. Please let us know...we like to learn new stuff

Aaaah....another thing....it’s enough to model one half of the car (( sure it will look ugly when u view it in your modeling window but u may copy/paste what u do in another modeling window and copy attache it then check the results in a chore ))

Also if u want to adjust a body part that is already mirrored....hide all other parts and work on it usng mirror mode...then go and regroup the body part CPs again...it may be a bug in my version. But some CPs go out of my group after working in mirror mode.

I hope those points be helpfull for you

Keep us posted...

Jin kazama

post-6866-1144583422_thumb.jpg