Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Security System

markeh

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, here it goes. I'll probably go to hell for this or get kicked off the forum. Some may find this

disturbing. I hope everyone finds it comical. Just remember it's all cinematics and pixels flying about on a

computer monitor.

3.3 MB quicktime

Shurely you're on that slippery slope to H. E. double-toothpicks as we watch this.

Nice grass man.....

David

Oh good, that's a descent list of psychotics in whom I can confide.... :D Here is the inspiration for the story. I have a 6 year old autistic boy who has run away a few times. This laser security system is real (minus risk of serious injury of course) but it came to me in a kit form (soldering resisters and capacitors etc.) which took my non-electronic self a few days to build. One night during this period my child falls out of a second story window. A cat scan shows a fracture to his eye bone - no displaced bone and it will heal by itself. He also had a limp. Here is the first cool part. Within two weeks he is as physically strong and fast as he ever was and maybe even more so. Here is the really cool part. Before the accident, we couldn't get him to say any words at all (he might have had a two or three word vocabulary at school). Within a month I've heard him say 20 or 30 words here at home. Had there been a different outcome, the clip would never have been made. Now we have bars on all the upper level windows and furniture has been rearranged.

The kid model was originally of his twin sister I had created. I distorted a few splines here and there and shortened the hair.