Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Desert Eagle .50 cal

Hey, it's been a while since I've posted somthing new.

Since i saw that wonderful katana render, i was inspired again to make something cool with animation master. I decided to make my favorite gun. The desert Eagle .50 cal (most powerful handgun today [i belive]).

Rendered with radiosity, its not quite done at 2600 patches. The bullets are modifed from the one that i made in the bullet thread in the material lab.

Ben

C&C wanted and welcome.... even if its harsh :)

desert_eagle_render_test15.jpg

Deagle_render.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desert Eagle, the main HS'er of Counter Strike... Enough game-talk, now for the gun:

Looks really great, but could use some more shine, maybe less gray. Can't find much else to critizise... Great job!

Do you play counterstrike!? The reason its so grey is because of the room...... and the lighting.... theres not much for it to reflect, and low intensity light (harly any spec).

Thx, im working on the details right now.... ill have a render by tonight. I think.

Ben

Do you play counterstrike!?
Yup, I've been in the game for about year and a half or so...

I tried to make it shinier and added some more detail.
The gun looks a lot better, now that you've added color to the trigger and all the other little parts and the small engraving looks really good. I'm guessing you didn't model it, so is it a bumpmap or...?

Btw, you've become quite the radiosity-user and, no no doubt about it, you've achieved some impressive results with it... Keep up the 1337 work!(<-secret CS-language encoded message:P)

Come to think of it, is there an A:M flea market where Hashers can either sell or trade their work?

I think Hash, Inc. should start one... OR at the very least create a (heavily moderated) BUY/SELL/TRADE FORUM!

You got my vote :)

hashbay.com anyone?

i'll pay you two goblins for a gargoyl! lol. :lol: Not sure how they'd go about doing that.

Just follow e-bay's lead. A 'Hash Market' topic to be created where hashers can offer their project/model files and let PayPal take care of the payments.

If I need a model/object then I post what I need with specifications and have the community compete by offering proposals.

My main reason for suggesting this is because I am not good at modeling while some others aren't too keen on animating. So, why not have the two combine their talents in a mutually beneficial transaction.

Just a thought. Sorry for getting off topic. :(

i'll pay you two goblins for a gargoyl! lol. :lol: Not sure how they'd go about doing that.

Just follow e-bay's lead. A 'Hash Market' topic to be created where hashers can offer their project/model files and let PayPal take care of the payments.

If I need a model/object then I post what I need with specifications and have the community compete by offering proposals.

My main reason for suggesting this is because I am not good at modeling while some others aren't too keen on animating. So, why not have the two combine their talents in a mutually beneficial transaction.

Just a thought. Sorry for getting off topic. :(

That acuatlly sounds like a great idea!

Ben