intro background

Pengy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good job on using stretch on the bands holding the marble slab, but you also put rebound which made them seem elastic, like a rubber band. Stretch the bands out only, without rebound, and move them just a tad towards the center (where the steel ring is) to simulate weight forces in the works, and then don't let them move once the slab goes up.

• 2 weeks later...

The lifting looks good, I wouldn't touch it anymore. The character has a ways to go, the walk is too choppy, a little bit of sliding at the feet that needs to be corrected, and while the slab is being lifted have his right arm go down to his side and have him take his hard hat with his left and scratch his head with his left pinky, or something... ya know? That's what I saw people do at the construction site where I work. It'll give your character something viewers can associate with - just my thoughts :)

thanks guys. i worked on the foot slippage and this is my end result. any hints on making it better would be appreciated. also i was wondering,where does everyone measure the stride length from? heel to heel,ball of foot to ball...?

It doesn't really matter if it's heel to heel or ball to ball. What really matters is picking a point on the foot for reference and place the right end of the stride length ruler at the place where this point first touches the ground and the left end at the point where it last touches the ground. Be consistent and use the same point. This is why it is important to "copy keyframe" and "paste mirrored" for the keyframes of the other foot's stride, so they match in distance. You don't want one foot to stick and the other to slip. Try reviewing the "Take a Walk" tutorial. That REALLY helped me out.

thanks guys. i worked on the foot slippage and this is my end result. any hints on making it better would be appreciated. also i was wondering,where does everyone measure the stride length from? heel to heel,ball of foot to ball...?

Did you use a walk cycle? The arm movement is too exaggerated and the last step is jerky and out of sync. I wouldn't use a walk cycle if these are the only steps your character is going to take. I'd simply animate the walk, I found that I can make a better walk without the use of the walk cycle action.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks dan this is the post squished vers of my constr guy. i need some major help though. i have three decals of his eyes open/half/closed, iwant want to control the blink with a pose slider. i kind of had it working but ill be darned if i could repeat it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-608-1135565592_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

ran into another problem. when my toon rendered penguin jumps out of the logo and morphs to 3d i want an fx. i've been trying to adapt the planet burn to suit my needs but i cant seem to get it to fully dissolve my mdl. i rendered a mov of whats happening. please any suggestions would be appreciated

burn.mov

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...