Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bee nice!

Here is a character that I have been working on. I've got him rigged, except for mouth bones and poses. He does have a jaw so he can open and close. Three questions:

1) Is he engaging?

2) Does he need teeth?

3) Does he need eyelidds?

Thanks!

Scott

post-7-1117157386.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's kind of the problem I was having as well, that's why I was wondering about eyelids. I may experiment with white pupils, but that might get creepy!

Here's a wire!

Thanks!

Scott

post-7-1117158194.jpg

Try making his upper body, (thorax), smaller and the abdomen more prominent. He's looks full of energy.

Yes, evil energy...

But he is good as an evil one...

The wings makes him to an angel --- perhaps not your intention --- so the wings better have some evil pattern....

And he does not have a penis sheath... and the thing is a bit in the wrong place... he has got on the back.... the Religious Right perhaps will come to you and tell you some things. You better cut that thing away... or you can have a paper with some text on it glued to it... so they can understand what it is.. there are young kids on the Forums... haven´t you got it?

:D

He seem easy to rig!

Thanks again for helping me rigging the coffee cup man!

How would it look if the inside of his muth was black?

also instead of adding white pupils, mabe a strong specular intisity on both eyes, last little larger abdomin and wings.

looks good,and you are making great progress

OK, here's an update. Took Paul and Nathan's advice and worked on the mouth and the abdomen. Haven't done anything on the eyes yet. New questions:

1) Does the black inside the mouth negate the need for teeth?

2) How do you like his abdomen?

Let me know what you think! I appreciate the help.

Scott

post-7-1117212886.jpg

I think he looks good, the improvements are good. My suggestions are:

1: The wings are too small. I know he is a characterization, but all chars are based on reality. Take a look at some real bees. His wings would be a bit more pointed down as well. Check out the honey bee from Cheerios.

2: The upper body is a bit human like for my tastes. I feel like it should be more cartoony. It's the chest area that does it I think - the arms are fine. He really should have a insect like chest moreso.

All in all, very nice though! Look forward to seeing him animated :)

Aesthetically looks good. To be engaging, however, the eyes must be more communicative - in other words white with black pupil, it would also be good to color the iris (blue, brown etc.)

The bottom line: what kind of character is it? (a macho? A bully? A nice guy? etc..)Once you answer these questions the rest will come easy.

I think that teeth are needed...

Also, you should have in mind that bees have segmented bodies - there should be really narrow part between the thorax and the abdomen...

Another also... Abdomen of the bees (striped part) is not made of small torusses...

Other than this remarks... cool character... keep us posted

trajcedrv