Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Just a test of image-based hair

just mindlessly messing around with a couple hair systems. Painted a bush sprite and a grass sprite real quick, just to get them in there and get a feel for what might be possible down the line.

Obviously you'd want a lot more variety in the images if you were doing something more serious.

post-7-1110255662.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not many, actually. I had to set the density as low as it would go, I think because the mesh of the terrain is too dense (something like 96x96 patches).

I'd be surprised if there's more than a couple thousand hairs on the whole thing. It just looks dense because of how wide the sprites are.

First off, nice to see you back in the neighborhood Brian! First Billy, now you. Interesting to see how you'll work with sprites and hair and not doing your usual "I placed each blade of grass by hand" technique.

You have a natural talent for this stuff, and even something as "quick" as this shows it.

Keep up the great work!

Thats lovely. It has a really 'tickly around the legs' feel to it... if you see what I mean. One thing though, the density of the mesh doesn't affect the density of the hairs - that is down to the size of the model. To have fewer hairs you could reduce the dimensions of the model. You could always enlarge it again with a pose.