Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Dynamics demo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok...here's what I did..(see normal rig pose pic below)...I first lined all the pivots of the horizontal bones to the closest vertical bone pivot..then I created a translate constraint on the pivot of the vertical bones so that the horzontal would follow the vertical, but also have an effect on the mesh. I then created dynamic constraints on the end of each row/column and added fall-off on the horizontal bones, so basically the cape has unlimited movement :) The animation below looks weird because you can't see what direction the cape's going (my mistake) but you'll get the picture:

captestnewrig.mov

I havn't seen any of your work for ages and here you come with something so super cool, I don't give crap about why the heck I havn't seen your stuff in a long time! Looks very good, the only thing that annoyed me and my picky side was that the cape didn't move so much on the upper part. I know it should move too much, but I think it should move more than it does now. Just a sugestion from picky me

you can have collision detection with dynamic constraints..check out the Tech talk session with the vid on dynamics..that'll prove my point...once again, this is just an alternate for people who don't have cloth in their version..I agree that in the end cloth is more efficient