Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My CSS Hunley Model Update

Guest mrsl13

Just an update of my confederate sub model...it's slow goin of late cause I spent 3 days in the hospital having one of my 3 stints that had gotten clogged scraped clean...yes its as painful as it sounds..(to me at least)..LOL

P.S. as soon as I get this model finished on the outside I'll Make it available for DL as I once promissed.

Mike Cossey

post-7-1103222218.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The images I found of a replica of the Hunley show some big rivets, but the hatches are more flattened. Let's see if I can link the image.

rep5.jpg

I found it in the gallery of the site located here:

http://www.charlestonillustrated.com/hunley/#

The rivets look accurate to me. Very nice model so far and very generous for donating when you're finished.

Hello,

I originally did the rivets big for a better look for farther away shots....I would like to make them with bump maps but what a hastle that seems to be....the dementions and look Im trying to get is from Illustrations ,pictures and drawings from the recovered Hunley and the dimentions I got from a site that showed comparisons of 3 Hunleys...one replica at Charelston bay SC, a replica used in the movie "the Hunley" and the true now known dementions....if that can be trusted....Im still looking for the true rudder steering mechanisim...Ive see some really weird guesses .

Thanks,

Mike Cossey

• 2 months later...

Ok finally..................here is a link to my Sbcglobal/yahoo briefcase where you can download my CSS Hunley submarine model..........it's basically complete on the outside even though I will be making changes as I learn more detail..........I still concider it a WIP as I also wish to model the interior of the sub someday.

The rivits are modeled and of different shapes and sizes and the portholes use boolean cutters.....the download size is 2.8 MB zipped and appx 13 mb unzipped....so you are warned.....

I hope the file works, just let me know if you have troubles and Ill see what I can do.

Download CSS Hunley Sub link: go to AM Files

My Briefcase

Here's a pic

CSS_Hunley.jpg