sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Santa

I've been working on this off and on for a couple weeks. I'm still working on the hands, beard, toy bag, and I still need to get some folds in his coat but he's getting pretty close. He's heavily based on the santa from the classic rudolph tv show. I've got Yves' skin shader on him but it's hard to tell in this pic. Anyway, crits and comments welcome.

Kevin

post-7-1103123921.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kevin,

That's a great likeness to the "Rudolph" Santa! The beard looks great, too. The hat and suit fur seems a little dark and too blue. The arms seem pretty long compared to his legs. They would reach the ground if hanging by his sides.

Nice stuff!

Jim

You have to make a percentage pose so he starts out skinny and then gets fat.

You have captured the look perfectly... I especially like the blank stare from those frightening beady black eyes...

I remember watching that show as a young child... and being very confused... no way could someone get that fat that fast... I was a very cynical realist as a child...

I also believed the other reindeer were not responsible for rejecting rudolf. He was a genetic mutation... most animals would do the same thing...

...man... I was a wierd kid....

I still loved that show! I have it on video!

Vernon "!" Zehr

Thanks for the replies. The modeling was mostly based off a small figure I got recently (and his arms really are that long). I do plan to animate him, though he needs some more work first. I've got the TSM2 rig in him now and I should be able to slap on a simple osipa style facial rig since there's not much to him. Vern is right, those beady eyes are frightening. The lighting isn't very good (I was experimenting), which is why there's so much blue on his suit. I also need to rework the material on his suit. I was going for a velvet look but it isn't quite working. Oh, and I'll be sure to add the fat/skinny slider...that really couldn't be very healthy for the ole guy.

Kevin