sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Teaser Trailer Ideas?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I know you said it won't have anything from the series itself but depending on the shots you have I'd recommend playing with those a bit. Zoom in... pan across... etc.

You may want to choose the music first in order get a feel for where the images should be placed.

At a minimum I'd say you should set the scene (even if hyped) and spend a little time showing the primary characters.

What I like to do is place thumbnail sketches of what images and actions I want then replace those with animatics, and fully rendered shots. It might even be neat to exploit the fact that you are putting this together yourself by making a story with you and your characters progressing from simple ideas, scripts, and sketches to a few cool looking scenes.

Make it fun and quick and it should read well. :)

• Admin

It's interesting to note (for me) that what really brought home the importance of animatics and the computers role in expediting the completion and lowering the costs of production came from nowhere else but STAR WARS: The Phantom Menace.

Thier use of computer animatics (made with freeware no less) seemed to say to me... This is how you can do it too!

I've been a big fan of animatics from that day. :)

Starwarsguy,

I personally have quite an experience with movie making and you DON'T want to zoom fast at all. The only speed you should mostly zoom at is barely. Panning and dollies are the best you can get. My suggestion is that if you want a far away shot then close up, have a front shot, and then have the next shot slightly at an angle close-up:

A. It will seem multicam

B. It looks professional

C. It's a smooth way for close-ups in clips

Anyone have any ideas for a teaser trailer for my series Clone Commander? It will just be hype, nothing fornt he actual series. Anyone? I want it to have some text and images that go well with eachother. :huh:

For the trailer you could do a series of slow motion shots of main characters. Probably works best as close up as they move head and change expression.

Maybe use a background sound track suggesting action (eg battles)

You could take this further with shots of the various craft in action.

Hope these ideas help, chew them over they may provide a starting point for further thoughts.

Best Wishes

Mike :D