Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

pine tree

mtpeak2

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mtpeak2's v 11 pine tree looks good.  I made this in v10.5 using an early version of Treez and hair. I think with some work it could look ok, and less like a bottle brush tree. It renders in 27s on my PC and I'm guessing about 3.5 minutes on my G4/400.

That's an interesting pine. How fast is your PC (27 seconds!!!).

Is that using 10.5 hair or v11 hair? (I'm guessing 10.5 since you said you could render on the Mac).

Greg

My PC runs at 3.2 Ghz. I tried a render on my G4/400 and it took 2:48. I bet you can guess which one I use A:M on. I'm glad you find my tree interesting. I suspect you use interesting the same way we try to get our kids to say "interesting", instead of YUK, when they see food they don't like the look of. :D I may play with it a bit to see if I can make it less "interesting".

How about this one. It's an 80 patch model which uses layers of patches with a cookie-cut decal on each layer. Renders quick.

Tried to build a forest for you but couldn't get the crowd flock to work. Haven't used it before.

You know, I think that would work well. Could you post the model/project?

Thanks!

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, guys, I have not looked in here for a few days.

One firtree tga coming your way, if it makes it to you this time.

The tga that I used was quickly thrown together and I am sure that you could improve on both it and the model.

The model was was made as a response to an earlier request for a tree which would be flown over and that is what it was designed for. As such it does not have any modelled branches and is not really up to low close-up shots. If you want a fairly low patch forest it's not a bad starting point. Stick a chain of dynamic bones up the trunk, copy and mutate a few more and build a forest with the crowd tool.

Also the TGA that I used was almost 4Mb, which cannot be sent via these forums, so I have had had to reduce it's size.

I hope it's okay.

Have fun and post some of your results, please.

Paul Forwood