Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Toshisan

Sharky

Hi Guys!

I upgrade the texture of my aikidoka model. :D

I made it by William Sutton's UV tutorial and Jim Talbotski's features tutorial!

I'm grateful these great stuffs!

Thanks Fellows! B)

Here are some samples:

toshisan.jpg

toshisan1.jpg

toshisan2.jpg

Please write me your opinions!

Finally I made a live-action with Toshisan!

You can see this picture in the attached file.

Cheers,

Sharky ;)

post-7-1094851571.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharky, you have made serious strides in your ability to use Animation:Master. I really like the new texture-mapping on your character, and it is easy to see that you are becoming more skilled all the time.

This is something I recommend. The top of the cheek, where it meets the bottom of the eye area, looks a little bit blocky. If you worked on that area a little, his face may look better.

I really like his mouth and his teeth. :) Keep it up!

Hi Guys!

I thank your comments! :D

John's question:

What rig and rig solutions are you using...fan bones...TSM...weights...smartskin...cogs...?

John, I'm using the AM 2001 rig for my models,because I haven't the TSM, and also I use the CP weighting! I think the CP weights are very usefull and powerful tool, I really love to use it!

Unfortunately, I don't know the cogs. What are these? :(

Cheers,

Sharky ;)

Sharky,

I think the texturing has been done well, but with such a "cartoony" character, is it really even needed?

I don't want to discourage you or your progress and I may be off base here, but it seems out of place for the look of the character.

Just my opinion,

Steve P.

Hi Guys!

I finished Toshisan's texture and you could see few days ago, but I begun to make the texture of dojo,where Toshisan will traning and teaching the Aikido basics! B)

Here are some pictures of dojo:

dojoa.jpg

dojob.jpg

dojo0.jpg

I'm waiting your comments!

Cheers,

Sharky ;)

Hi Doug!

I thank your comment! :D

The floor is Tatami, it is a part of japanese house and training room!

The tatami is made bulrush.

I will post soon some new pictures about dojo,because I'm working the textures of porch,vase,flower ,etc. yet.

Until, I'm waiting more comments!

Cheers,

Sharky ;)

looks great so far Sharky. I do have a few suggestions. Adding a moulding to the corners of the building, like the window and door, to break up the textures. And lightening the trim color of the roof to match the faded look of the shingles. Keep up the good work.

• Admin

Sharky,

Just checking in on your progress and I like what I see!

As I've said before it reminds me of Japan. Good memories!

I see you have gone with the red tori gates. I think that is a nice touch!

As far as the tatami... I think if you could scale the texture a bit more it would look more like bulrushes.

Also... I'm not at all familiar with Aikido dojos but I think the tatami mats might be composed of tatami mats in sections. I know that great care is usually put into their layout in homes... probably some superstitious orgin in there somewhere having to do with four corners.

If I can find a good picture I'll post it.

Don't take this wrong. I LOVE what you have just as it is.

Keep up the good work!

-Rodney

--------------

More added

--------------

I just found this (rather technical) write up on the internet.

Each dojo would have it's own focus of course. I'll see if I can post a pic of a typical layout.

Note that this is a design for a *tea room* not necessarily a dojo!

Hachiro    Eight placements of the hearth

One feature of tearoom design is the orientation of the guest's seat with respect to the host. In an orthodox or conventional room (hongatte) the guest is seated to the host's right. When this is reversed and the guest is seated to the host's left (gyakugatte), certain temae actions are reversed. All temae in the nyumon, konarai, and tokushu categories described thus far are hongatte, yojohangiri, and performed in a room 4.5 mats or larger (hiroma). However, there are three other placements of the hearth --daimegiri, sumiro, mukogiri -- and they are usually found in rooms smaller than 4.5 mats (koma). 

Yojohangiri  4.5 mat/placement of the 42.2 cm. square hearth

Daimegiri  3/4-length mat/placement of the 42.2 cm. square hearth

Sumiro    corner/placement of the 42.2 cm. square hearth

Mukogiri    opposite the corner/placement of the 42.2 cm. square hearth

The position of the 4.5 mat hearth is in the corner of the mat adjacent to lower half of the full-length host's mat and the kinindatami. The daimegiri is set in the tatami mat adjacent host's mat where the host's mat (temaeza) has been determined to be a 3/4-length mat. The temaeza may actually be reduced in size by the dimensions of the daisu table, or may be a full-length mat (marudatami) in a room that does not have a fumikomi tatami (stepping in mat). The sumiro hearth is cut in the upper corner of a full-length host's mat next to the corner of the room. The mukogiri hearth is cut in the upper corner of a full-length host's mat away from the corner and towards the guest. The four hearth cuts may be oriented in both hongatte and gyakugatte rooms giving us a total of eight basic hearth positions (hachiro). When using the daimegiri, sumiro, or mukogiri, the four standard chaji temae, usucha, koicha, shozumi, gozumi, are performed with variations in the placement of utensils as required by the location of the hearth and orientation of the room.

*All this just to suggest a minor improvement in tatami placement! :blink:

The importance here if none of it makes sense is that it is talking aobut a room 4.5 tatami mats in size or larger. So I reason that you should have no less than 4.5. Sorry if I've confused you even more.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Okay this one explains it a bit and has a few pictures.

I thought there was something about avoiding 4 corners coming together at the same time but wanted to make sure before I suggested that.

Examples of layout of tatami mats

From that same site you can see a model they built: Model example Note that the four corners method doesn't apply in the model so what do I know!

The model is cool... but I like your house better! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

One more and I'll leave you alone. Promise!

The use of the tatami mat brings a more intimate human scale to the Japanese home, because its dimensions are roughly that of a human body lying down. Taut recognizes this use of human dimensions to be "the key to its aesthetic effect."

If you make the dimensions of your tatami mats a little larger than your average character that will add a nice effect.

I only mention these details as I know you have an eye for detail and I really love your work thus far! Most Excellent!

Attached is the pic I promised. The size you have seems to indicate the pattern on the left... the one on the right is interesting though.

tatamiplacement.gif

Hi Guys!

Thank your comments!

I will take everybody's advice and I will try to fix in my model yours ideas! :D

Hi Rodney!

I took your advice, what you gave me few months ago!

I'm thinking the Tori gate and etc..

I thank you again,that you gave me new refference stuff and your new opinions!

I will study it ,and if I have been possible,then I will change these things! B)

Thanks again Guys!

Cheers,

Sharky ;)