Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

female creature

frankH

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very creative merging of Human and Bird.

Others have commented on the legs being small. I disagree, heron's and cranes have very slender legs for their size. The upper thigh might be a bit larger.

The torso on up while basically human in form, has an aquatic feel to it (IMO). The rib cage sort of gill like and the ridge on the head like a dorsal fin. The color and texturing may greatly change the impression. The ridges on the back seem a little out of place (IMO) as I can't see a purpose or structural reason for them and the rest of the model is relatively smooth.

From a believability aspect, the waist dose seem a bit to small. Barely enough room for a spine and the muscles to hold it up (IMO). I don't find it overly detracts from the imaginary creature though.

Looking forward to more

• Hash Fellow

That's one crazy, weird, far-out looking chick! The only detail that bothers me are the very blocky ribs (?) below the breasts. They suggest a state of emaciation that isn't apparent in any other part of the body.

But the overall proportions make for a very interesting fantasy film creature, perhaps in the same neighborhood as the ones Harryhausen used to do.

Someone on this forum noted that whenever you deviate from "normal" proportions you'll have to take extra care on the animation of those features to make them credible. As long as you know that, accept that, and are up to it, I suppose you can pretty much do any odd thing you want, right?

Looking forward to seeing it animated!

Interesting creature. Good job on the splining, too, the point layout looks well done.

I would revise the knees. Obviously balance and weight are very important issues in animation, and just as Robcat said, making a character that strays from something we have automatic expectations for (like the human form) involves some extra work to ensure the audience understands how it moves.

That being said, the knees look like they should bend a bit further, and maybe the thigh thickened up before it meets the knee. The knees are also unusually bald of detail compared to the rest of the model; it might be worth your while to add some kind of spur or protruding bone to emphasize its presence.

Very imaginative! I'm looking forward to seeing it texturemapped. :)