Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is that I've told Martin that he can distribute this model on the next Hash CD--so everyone will get a chance to play with it B)

Thanks William. I may have to upgrade early too. :D

I can just imagine the orcs climbing down the columns. Looking forward to seeing the final scene.

All you need now is a Gandalf model and you are set.

You mean Vern! Vern IS Gandalf… have a look at his avatar if you don't believe me :D

BTW - William do you have a day job? Where do you find the time to do all this great stuff - you must live in front of your machine.

Are those columns flocked or seperate peices of geometry? I know there are no instance features in AM so I guess to save on patches you flocked them n'est pas?

Are those columns flocked or seperate peices of geometry? I know there are no instance features in AM so I guess to save on patches you flocked them n'est pas?

The "shortcut to pillar" is exactly what an "instance" is. There is one pillar model, and multiple instances of it arranged in the choreography.

Are all the edges sharp?

Yep. I could have beveled them all, but that would be a lot denser in geometry. It is in dim lighting and they aren't going to be the center of interest anyway. Besides at their scale, the bevels would be hard to notice.

William do you have a day job?

yep, still just doing this on the side...

The "shortcut to pillar" is exactly what an "instance" is. There is one pillar model, and multiple instances of it arranged in the choreography.

Am I thick or what? I don't know where my mind was when I asked this question since I wasn't thinking coreography duh! Too much using other 3D programs at work I guess :rolleyes:

Hi!

It's awesome work Mr. Sutton! :o

I like the full scene ,but you should make the sounds of fire more fearful and deep!

I miss the sound of Balrog's steps,I think that will take it more fearful too! :ph34r:

Of course It's my 2 cents!

Cheers,

Sharky ;)