new image

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amar,

The lumpy double (or is it triple) chin on this guy caught my eye. The large sad eyes are really expressive.

Keep it coming. Any animated in store for our dog walker?

spline, spline, spline....

Great character! My only crit is that the bulging forehead kinda gives him an evil-genuis or mad-scientist sort of look. Your sketch doesn't have that look to it.

Love the frizzy tufts of hair though! Too funny.

IT'S COMING TOGETHER GO TO ATTACTH THE LIMBS MAKE A FEW MODS ....THEN IT'S ON TO THE TEXTURES.

THANKS GUYS FOR THE COMMENTS...... AND I HOPE TO HAVE THE CHARACTER FINISHED 1 DAY THIS WEEK...(INCLUDING TEXTURES AND RIGGING)

RE:Ganthofer

The large sad eyes are really expressive

-- THEY WERE MEANT TO THEN I GETTING SOMETHING DONE RIGHT AS TO MATCH UP WITH THE DRAWING I DID

RE:MiddleKid

My only crit is that the bulging forehead kinda gives him an evil-genuis or mad-scientist sort of look.

-- TRUE THAT A SIGN OF INTELLEGENCE

JTalbotski, DarkLimit......YES FUNNY HAIR, FUNNY CHARACTER .... MEANS APPEAL THAT WHAT MY CHARACTERS NEED.

johnl3d

I can almost hear it speak..the overlook reminds me of some cartoon character and I imagine a certain voice with the face

--- NOW THAT I LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL 3D IMAGES I CREATED HE KINDA LOOKED LIKE CASPER MAYBE, BUT IT WASN'T INTENTIONAL.

post-7-1083758951.jpg

thanks Michel

I what to make the textures and apply the rig. then create some face poses so it may take another week or two before i get to add voice to him.

Thanks for the comments does anyone have any suggestions or critiques.

I love the comments but give some of the flaws i noticed some of them. i wish to correct them but i need that 2nd, 3rd or 4th person point of view.

Thanks guys in advance.

Ok, first off I have to say, this character is looking great. But I do have some critiques, so here they are.

1- I think the cuffs on his sleeves are too sharp and unclothlike. I know what you're trying to do, but if you smoothed that out a little bit, it'd proabalby look more realistic.

2- As far as animation goes, I have a feeling that those fingers, or at least the thumbs, are going to be difficult. They just dont seem long enough or slender enough to bend. Which is too bad because his chubby fingers are funny looking. Don't know what you can do with this one.

3- Ok, this one sticks out at me the most. All the crease lines in his belly seem to aim right at his navel.

4- I don't even know if this is a flaw or if it's a bad render, but something doesn't seem right on the inside of that thigh. Almost like it doesn't have a patch there.

That's all for now... hope I was helpful!

-Andrew

post-7-1083907802.jpg

Hi Amar!

I would maybe have one critic. Maybe the textures will clear

this, but i tend to wonder if he is a boy with a moustache, or a

grown up with a young body.

Keep your original work.

thanks for the quick responses

Andrew

1- I think the cuffs on his sleeves are too sharp and unclothlike. I know what you're trying to do, but if you smoothed that out a little bit, it'd proabalby look more realistic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the textures will clear that up.

2- As far as animation goes, I have a feeling that those fingers, or at least the thumbs, are going to be difficult. They just dont seem long enough or slender enough to bend. Which is too bad because his chubby fingers are funny looking. Don't know what you can do with this one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the fingers i plan on adding a couple more splines in at the joints the thumbs are kinda pointy. I plan on resphaping them a bit but i like the chumby fingers it goes with the character. Plus he's a funny character, or at least turning out to be.

3- Ok, this one sticks out at me the most. All the crease lines in his belly seem to aim right at his navel.

You're right they are 5 point patches that lead to the belly button and that's causing the creasing. I plan on clear that up before i add the textures

4- I don't even know if this is a flaw or if it's a bad render, but something doesn't seem right on the inside of that thigh. Almost like it doesn't have a patch there.

The rendering caused the funny crease inside of his leg. That was the result of me not applying antialiasing.

And to you

Miceal

Thank again you're right he does look like a boy with a moustauche. The textures should clear that up i think. It beacuse of the roundness and the smootness of his face and the eyes.

But i'll get to work and later today i'll have some updates.

Thanks again

hey guys here's an update!!!!!!!!!

I finished smoothing the body a bit and started the texturing. I've got some bump and skin maps i'm in the process of applying. Right now i have a transluency procedural material on his skin and a few test maps on the face.

Moving Right Along

post-7-1084033212.jpg

More textures almost done

I tried another quick render with a tint (post effect) and the colors side by side.

The next render i'll touch up the hair and then add........them bones......THEM BONES..THEM BONES..... EHHH! :blink:

post-7-1084240816.jpg