Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

can you guy help me with a smoothing model problem ?

Pizza Time

Hey, guys, I'm wondering if you can help me smooth some models out. I struggle with making the models smooth and less cracked. I'm in a time crunch as I'm working on an animation series, so any help would be great. I just need the models smoothed out. Thank you!

the models are down below.

Half Heads (smooth).mdl

Edited by Pizza Time
forgot to include the model

17 hours ago, itsjustme said:

It looks like you could benefit from the Basic Splinemanship tutorials located here.  There are quite a few spline continuity issues.

thanks do you have any tutorials on lighting a scene to make Renders scenes  look like a movie instead of a 1993 videogame  cutscene

13 hours ago, Pizza Time said:

thanks do you have any tutorials on lighting a scene to make Renders scenes  look like a movie instead of a 1993 videogame  cutscene

I'm still working on that myself...modeling and texturing work together with the lighting, so there's a lot that goes into it. 

Jeremy Birn's book, Digital Lighting and Rendering (on Amazon here) is the best overall lighting resource.  Robert did some comparisons with his methods in A:M in the thread located here.

Rodger Reynolds (profile here) is someone whose posts on the forum have great information on mechanical modeling and lighting.

The Technical Reference has a lot of great information in it....download it here.

Yves Poissant has a lot of great lighting information in some of his postings (profile here)

Hope some of that helps.

• Hash Fellow
On 12/26/2023 at 7:55 PM, Pizza Time said:

oh sorry hahah my bad

I've you'd like that we should look at a scene at LAT, save a PRJ with all the models embedded, put it in a ZIP and send it to me in a PM before we get started.

• 2 weeks later...
  • *A:M User*
On 12/22/2023 at 8:47 AM, Pizza Time said:

Hey, guys, I'm wondering if you can help me smooth some models out. I struggle with making the models smooth and less cracked. I'm in a time crunch as I'm working on an animation series, so any help would be great. I just need the models smoothed out. Thank you!

the models are down below.

Half Heads (smooth).mdl 340.16 kB · 4 downloads

Here are some really good tutorials on basic splining:   

Mark Largent also did a really good comic book style tutorial, I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it.   @largento Mark, do you have a link to that comic book splining tutorial you did?   I think I have a copy somewhere but it might take me a while to find it. 

• clap 1