Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Sea turtle

A clouple of weeks ago I posted the head for this model. I was having serious probs. trying to figure out the spline arrangement. Thanks to the input (specially Jim's), I'm almost done with the modelling part. Or at least, I think I am. Any how, I just want to let you guys in on the progress. And as always your comments are welcomed.

post-7-1081554706.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For a math textbook, eh? Cool. I always remark at the variety of work 3D artists on this forum seem to do.

His fore-flippers are very large. Will he be using them to grasp, or hold things at all? I ask because without a wireframe or a look at the rig, it is hard to see how or if you would articulate them. I'm just curious why they are that size.

Overall, excellent spline control, and interesting character. Looks like he (she?) already has personality. Keep us posted. :)

Great character there. The spline formation is certainly working well. B)

One thing that struck me though is that the eyes are pointing sideways. In a cartoon character it is usual to have them pointing forwards so that they are more human. At the mo, when he looks forwards, he is a little cross-eyed. Just a thought.

Thank you guys for the replies, I gotta say that, yes I was influenced by Finding nemo. But than again, what 3d artist hasn't, and specially when you have a 2 yr. old that has watched it over 50 times. As far as, the positioning of the eyes, John, you're right in that he gets crossed eyed when looking straight ahead. I've been struggling with this issue and haven't found the perfect blend between the actual references of a turtle and my stylized one.

I'm working on the bones and the rigging part, and I'm not having much fun. I posted on the anzovin section asking how to use the TSM for rigging this model. Suggestions are welcomed.

Here's a snapshot of what I have thus far.

post-7-1081880141.jpg