sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Why am I suddenly getting "Wrong host for license (-4)"

rusty

Please, the evening is set aside for A:M and suddenly A:M won't start. Its been that kind of day...the fates are against me today. A:M started on this notebook just days ago. No changes have been made that I can think of (forgot: my wifi went out and I got a new wireless USB card two days ago).

I can't image my year is up (not sure how it works?) or anything like that. If its time to pay...that's no problem!

I've always suspected that because I have multiple cores that cpu id can change but everyone would be running into that...I tried rebooting...tried starting different links.

Oh, because TMS2 needs version AM16 I did install that and copy some license file over so it would start...but I've run A:M 18 since then I believe.

Any ideas? What can I try?

Thanks!

Rusty

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Please, the evening is set aside for A:M and suddenly A:M won't start. Its been that kind of day...the fates are against me today. A:M started on this notebook just days ago. No changes have been made that I can think of (forgot: my wifi went out and I got a new wireless USB card two days ago).

Changing a network card sounds like a typical suspect.

What happens if you take the card out again?

I can't image my year is up (not sure how it works?) or anything like that. If its time to pay...that's no problem!

You can open your master0.lic file in a text editor to see what your expiration date is.

Hello,

it is the change in wireless cards. Animation Master makes the HostID off of network. This sometimes can be a problem with people that bridge wireless connections or change out cards. Please follow the steps below and send that with your current 'master0.lic' file so I can make sure it's still not listed. And we will send you a replacement license file.

http://www.hash.com/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=13&id=17&artlang=en

I get this a lot. When I registered my license on my work laptop I was attached to the office VPN. Now I have to be sure to be attached when starting A:M because it picked it up during the registration. No big deal once I figured it out!

I get this a lot. When I registered my license on my work laptop I was attached to the office VPN. Now I have to be sure to be attached when starting A:M because it picked it up during the registration. No big deal once I figured it out!

If you you follow the steps below not on VPN and send your current 'master0.lic' file to support@hash.com. I can add both so you do not have this problem.

https://www.hash.com/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=13&id=17&artlang=en