Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hi guys,

this is a demonstration of a small but (if you ask me) very powerful new feature in A:M v18k (getting beta tested at the moment):

> Set camera to bird view / Set bird view to camera.

Hope you like it :).

Thank you very much for adding it Steffen :D.

See you

*Fuchur*

PS: Small little addition to the video: You need to be in a perspective bird view (!= orthogonal bird view) to have this feature. This is always the case if you use the turn tool starting in the camera view OR you can just toogle its state to be perspective by pressing "\" / hitting the button in the views toolbar.

PPSS: And of course: I am talking about the Turn-Tool, not the rotate tool I mention all the time in the video ;).

set_camera_to_bird_view.mp4

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked about and wished for this a long time ago. I can't remember where the post was.

Robcat and I also talked about "Blinders" for the blank space if I recall correctly.

Thanks so much. This is such a great feature for setting up staging

on shots.

Thanks guys. This is a really really really useful feature.

• Hash Fellow

I recall asking for this long ago, back when Ken Baer was a programmer. He said it was "interesting, but..." :)

There have been lots of times I've been swing around the scene with the Turn tool and wished i could create the camera "there"

It's an intuitive way to position a camera when there is a central object of importance in the scene.

• Admin
There have been lots of times I've been swing around the scene with the Turn tool and wished i could create the camera "there"

I find myself doing this constantly and have developed a method where I move the camera via it's properties panel to get the best view with as little adjustment as necessary.

As such this feature is going to be a great time saver for me (and everyone I'd say).

He said it was "interesting, but..."

I'm guessing features like this often aren't of the type that can be bragged about such as the latest and greatest buzz words in 3D technology and a lot of the little things will never be high priority BUT they are such great timesavers and better than that... they make A:M even more user friendly that it already is. The big stuff... that's probably more fun and challenging to code... but the little stuff like this is where the rubber hits the road. How can we animate faster, more intuitively and where possible cut down on the number of times we need to move back and forth between mouse and keyboard.

And... the timely release of teasers of features like this for soon to be released updates.... love it. Keep that up! :)

Some considerable time is spent on coding that stuff so bask in the glory of the little things that help us animate more as long as you can.

The little peeks ahead are appreciated and provide useful documentation and examples of workflow too.