sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Strandbeests

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Those Japanese book-kits are always amazing and that part (that the Japanese model kit makers) would produce a kit for the Strandbeests doesn't surprise me.

What does surprise me is that the things work as well as they do!

Fascinating.

When I visited a honya (bookstore) in Japan, I rarely bought one of those kits but almost always picked the new ones up and studied the contents of the book/box. They were always a mix of science and technology that captivated the imagination.

• 4 weeks later...
nice links! Thanks Simon

here is another animation that succinctly and clearly shows how the strandbeest leg mechanism works -

Nancy

Thank you for the link.

Tore told me he had bought a kit for his wife on her birthday, so I rushed onto Ebay and Amazon to get them for my friend and for my Brother in law.B-i-L, and his friend, have gone for them in a big way. I'd love to have a go at the cycle, perhaps with hand pedals...

regards

simon