Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Unicycle

Proving my modeling skills have room for improvement I am making a unicycle and wondered if anyone had suggestions as to how to set it up for animation afterwards ?. Still over producing splines at the moment but hope to try it out tomorrow.

I was thinking of constraining the characters feet to the pedals and their bottom to the saddle then perhaps using Eular for the wheel ?

Any help gratefully received.

Thank you.

simon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow
I was thinking of constraining the characters feet to the pedals and their bottom to the saddle then perhaps using Eular for the wheel ?

That sounds like a plausible gambit. You may need to devise a way for the pedals to stay fairly horizontal, perhaps an orient-like constraint to the frame of the unicycle, or may be an aim-at constraint to some point above them.

• Admin

Here's a Proof of Concept that cheats a little.

Technically I could have gotten away with one bone in the unicycle (or even no bones if you don't count the root bone).

There are additional bones and a null in the unicycle to facilitate aiming, turning etc. but at present they aren't serving any purpose.

Stand by for Project file.

The trick in this case being to actually add the pedals to Rabbit's feet.

unicyclePOC1.mov

Unicycle1.zip

Here's a Proof of Concept that cheats a little.

Technically I could have gotten away with one bone in the unicycle (or even no bones if you don't count the root bone).

There are additional bones and a null in the unicycle to facilitate aiming, turning etc. but at present they aren't serving any purpose.

Stand by for Project file.

The trick in this case being to actually add the pedals to Rabbit's feet.

Rodney

Thank you very much indeed for your help. This morning will be busy...

regards

simon