Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Workspaces: Saving or somehow using different ones?

rusty

Hi,

Was anything ever done with saving/using different workspaces? That is to say... the positions of the various pallets (Properties, Pose Sliders, Timeline and so on).

And, if so, what version?

Thanks,

Rusty

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here.

If we move things around in A:M and save... then close either the Project, A:M or both... when we open the project again in A:M it should be in that same screen configuration again.

I don't think this is anything new however. As far as I know that's been standard operating procedure.

Note: I've heard it reported that Workbook mode is not available for the Mac and have just accepted that as fact as I've no way to test it.

Edit: I think I see what you mean.

Windows that are not part of the Workbook (those you mention such as Pose Sliders, etc.) aren't saved because they aren't part of the Workbook or Project in the first place.

In that regard nothing has changed.

As far as I can see, the way to get a Pose relationship window to stick is to create it and leave it open in the Workbook.

This works similarly with Actions and Chor windows.

I have a vague recollection that you do something a little different in your workflow when it comes to saving.

Because of that workflow your workbook settings may not stick.

The views of the interface are separate from that of assets in that the interface views are maintained in one session whereas the assets window positions are saved in a Project.

I suppose a workaround might be to open more than one instance of A:M as each will maintain the interface windows their own custom locations.

• Admin
AFAIK, locations of windows on the screen are stored in the registry and not otherwise savable,

Yes, this is why you can have multiple setups (screen layouts) but when you open a new instance of A:M it will default back to the last layout when A:M was closed. (A:M assumes you went to all that trouble to setup your screen that way so it saves it that way)

As I mentioned a workaround for this would be to keep an instance open with an alternate layout (in fact it's sole purpose for being open could be as a 'Please revert back to this layout-saver'.

But when you close out that instance the layout of any other instance of A:M still open (and then closed) after that will be maintained.

Hi,

Was anything ever done with saving/using different workspaces? That is to say... the positions of the various pallets (Properties, Pose Sliders, Timeline and so on).

And, if so, what version?

Thanks,

Rusty

Rusty,

Yes.

You can save and load workspace layouts since v18.

In the "View" menubar option select "Save Layout" and name it whatever you like.

Later you can load it again by selecting the "View" menubar option select "Load Layout"

• Admin
Rusty,

Yes.

You can save and load workspace layouts since v18.

In the "View" menubar option select "Save Layout" and name it whatever you like.

Later you can load it again by selecting the "View" menubar option select "Load Layout"

I continue to learn something new every day!

That is going to be very useful.

Rusty,

There you have it. :)

Thanks Mack!

v18 has a new feature at "Views > Save Layouts" / "Views > Load Layouts" which can save and load window-layouts.

Is it that one you are looking for?

See you

*Fuchur*

[EDIT: Sorry, just saw that Mack has answer that one before me ;)]