nimblepix

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan

very well done animation, as you'd expect from Mr Plympton.

The question it raises ( this may not be the place for it though ) is, how is that Gas produced? Here in the UK there is a lot of controversy over Fracking. If that is the process ConEd is using then the clip tells one 'story' while hiding another ?

regards

simon

• Admin
I wonder how this special wobbeling look is achieved....

At a glance the secret sauce appears to be the way he's recycling his drawings.

It doesn't immediately appear that he is reversing the frame order (1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3 3, 2, 2, 1, 1) and yet that might close to what it does.

As I don't see any imagery reversing it's It's probably more along the lines of (1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3 etc.) where he is simply reusing previous cycles.

It does appear that he varies this enough to keep it from falling into a strict pattern and yet the strobing effect is the pattern.

He is definitely a master of the craft.

• Hash Fellow

It's a bit maddening to watch one of his features but they are entertaining none-the-less. You have to love the wobble.

I think he said he animates "on fours" so that would be six drawings per second.

you notice most of the wobbling when an object is still and because he loops a few slightly different drawings of the object. So along with the timing, this purposeful non aligned, slightly different drawings helps creates the wobbling effect.

• Admin
you notice most of the wobbling when an object is still and because he loops a few slightly different drawings of the object. So along with the timing, this purposeful non aligned, slightly different drawings helps creates the wobbling effect.

So this then begs the question; does this mean he's managing to get his animation completed on modified sixes or even eights? Through the reuse and/or offsetting of frames?

Gerry might know because he's worked with him.

(For those that don't know Gerry contributed to Bill Plympton's fairly recent short film (i.e. the collaborative remaking of 'Guard Dog'..)