Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

MakeHuman

fae_alba

Optimization often leads to building multiple versions of the same model, some with more complexity than others.

There's a more elegant and very popular method: using a specially-built proxy cage (aka shrinkwrap), which in turn drives the deformation of the high-resolution model (or optimal-resolution model as the case may be).

Malo that model came out nice in AM, was there a ton of spline repair on it? Conversion tough?

Curious because I just downloaded it to fiddle with making some custom bobble head models for my 3d printer thats on the way. Be nice to be able to exaggerate features of people I know that I can rough out the facial features in MH. Guessing the low level editing and magnet tool in AM be perfect for that.

Hi Ken,

No, no editing of splines.
Edit splines in AM make lost UVs , and make to have to close 5 patches sides.
The conversion is not difficult . ( I will create a video to explain how to do it, when i will have more time.)

The difficult come that you must use more programms to do it, and then it looks complex.

It is textured, it has the rig. But it is not weigted.

Hey Malo- I DL'd and took a look at that model... sure is heavy splines! Did you put the rig in it or did it come across from MakeHuman with rig? It's not bad, as you say- needs weighting... perhaps bone falloffs would be the way to go.

Hi John,

The rig is Extracted from exported BVH's MakeHuman , using a PHP script writing with one of my brothers in 2010.
For the weigts, the solution would be to create a converter that would import the mesh, the Uvs, groups , bones and weigts ... which is quite possible , if the model contains only quads and intersections to 3,4 or 5 poles, like what modeler's MakeHuman do , and new tools for automatic retopology do too .
Yes the model is too dense ... that's the risk to convert polygonal models not designed for AM , or who have not been retouched .