Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mari 2.0

Xtaz

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being able to paint directly onto models in layers (and use the PSD format) is no small thing.

3D painter allows that. Not using psd files of course, but on "layers" since A:M has "layers" of decals

IE, a stamp can be considered a layer, and multiple stamps/decals on the same patch acts like layers on a patch.

3D painter also allows simultaneously painting on multiple "layers" (stamps, decals), or isolating only one layer ( 1 stamp or decal). It's a mahrvalus thing.

3D Painter is an awesome tool for A:M! Just add (blank) image to your decal container and set it to diffuse, specular, bump, cookie, whatever and when you open the model in 3D painter, you can select that image to paint on. You can bring these different images back into Photoshop and mix them together (eg. using bump layer as soft light over the color layer) and save them back out.

• Admin

I enjoyed 3D Painter while I was using it.

After moving to my current laptop I didn't contact Filip to reactivate because I thought I might prefer to reactivate it on a new desktop.

In assisting Lloyd with 'Woke Up Dead' it would be a good idea for me to reactivate it again.

I'm all about purchasing anew if Filip puts out a new version!

What I was working out just before getting disconnected with 3D Painter before was a workflow that allowed me to paint displacement maps in 3D Painter (as regular painted layers not displacement) and see the displaced results almost immediately in A:M. Sadly, that was probably two years ago.

3D Painter is an awesome tool for A:M! Just add (blank) image to your decal container and set it to diffuse, specular, bump, cookie, whatever and when you open the model in 3D painter, you can select that image to paint on. You can bring these different images back into Photoshop and mix them together (eg. using bump layer as soft light over the color layer) and save them back out.

Do you have a video tutorial for that specific in practice technique?